RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

linux gimp pen tablet

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

linux gimp pen tablet Helen 12 Jul 13:48
  linux gimp pen tablet Chris Mohler 12 Jul 19:39
  linux gimp pen tablet Christopher Burkhart 12 Jul 19:59
  linux gimp pen tablet Mike Williams 12 Jul 20:38
1216080338.31913.1.camel@er... 07 Oct 20:19
  linux gimp pen tablet Helen 15 Jul 14:11
   linux gimp pen tablet Helen 15 Jul 14:15
    linux gimp pen tablet Helen 15 Jul 14:15
Helen
2008-07-12 13:48:48 UTC (almost 16 years ago)

linux gimp pen tablet

I have successfully installed SuSE11, and now I'm looking for a digital pen/tablet that works with gimp.
Does anyone have a recommendation (or a disrecommendation) for a brand/model that works well
with Gimp?

I don't need the most expensive model, but I do want one that is good quality and will get along
nicely with Linux, SuSE11, and Gimp 2.4.

Thanks much!

Helen

Chris Mohler
2008-07-12 19:39:50 UTC (almost 16 years ago)

linux gimp pen tablet

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Helen wrote:

I have successfully installed SuSE11, and now I'm looking for a digital pen/tablet that works with gimp.
Does anyone have a recommendation (or a disrecommendation) for a brand/model that works well
with Gimp?

I don't need the most expensive model, but I do want one that is good quality and will get along

I'm using a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet with Ubuntu 8.04 and Gimp 2.4.6 and it works quite well. I had to uncomment a few lines in xorg.conf and restart X to get it working properly, and the tablet needs to be plugged in before X starts, but aside from that it's been no trouble at all. It also worked properly with Ubuntu 7.04 and the 2.2 and 2.3 versions of GIMP.

Happy hunting! Chris

Christopher Burkhart
2008-07-12 19:59:15 UTC (almost 16 years ago)

linux gimp pen tablet

I would go with a wacom
I have the Bambo Fun Model and it works in Gimp 8.04 I have heard horror stories from other cheaper brands On 7/12/08, Helen wrote:

with Gimp?

Thanks much!

Helen

-- Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11

Mike Williams
2008-07-12 20:38:29 UTC (almost 16 years ago)

linux gimp pen tablet

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Helen wrote:

with Gimp?

Chalk up another vote for wacom. A friend of mine, who is an artist, has been using a wacom graphire (think its a graphire 2) for 6+ years with gimp and fedora. It works fine and when he decides to get a new one it will definitely be a wacom.

If you have any problems there are a couple mailing lists: wacom-users, and wacom-dev where you can get help, or maybe even find the answer to your problems in their archives.

Mike

Helen
2008-07-15 14:11:21 UTC (almost 16 years ago)

linux gimp pen tablet

Will SuSE11 support Bamboo? I bought the medium Bamboo, the $130 model,but I dont' see a model number on the box. When I go to YAST, install hardware,

tablet properties, Wacom, and then it opens up to give me four Wacom choises: Graphire serial or usb, and Intuos serial and usb. There is no option for Bamboo.
Should I chose one of those?

Also, do I need the installation disks? The disks say for mac or windows (of course).

Thanks for help,
Helen, using LInux, SuSE11, Gimp 2.4

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Flávio Pontes wrote:

Definitely a Wacom.

If you have a purse fat enough go for an Intuos2, else get a Bamboo. I own a 6"x11" Intuos3 and it work fine with GIMP. I'd like better control in GIMP over the pressure sensitivity and other tablet features, though.

Em Sáb, 2008-07-12 às 07:48 -0400, Helen escreveu:

with Gimp?

Thanks much!

Helen

-- Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing listGimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDUhttps://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Helen
2008-07-15 14:15:01 UTC (almost 16 years ago)

linux gimp pen tablet

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Helen wrote:

Will SuSE11 support Bamboo? I bought the medium Bamboo, the $130 model,but I dont' see a model number on the box. When I go to YAST, install hardware,

tablet properties, Wacom, and then it opens up to give me four Wacom choises: Graphire serial or usb, and Intuos serial and usb. There is no option for Bamboo.

Also, do I need the installation disks? The disks say for mac or windows (of course).

Thanks for help,

Definitely a Wacom.

If you have a purse fat enough go for an Intuos2, else get a Bamboo. I own a 6"x11" Intuos3 and it work fine with GIMP. I'd like better control in GIMP over the pressure sensitivity and other tablet features, though.

with Gimp?

Thanks much!

Helen

-- Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing listGimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDUhttps://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

--
Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11

Helen
2008-07-15 14:15:49 UTC (almost 16 years ago)

linux gimp pen tablet

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Helen wrote:

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Helen wrote:

Thanks for help,

Definitely a Wacom.

with Gimp?

Thanks much!

Helen

-- Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11

--
Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11

--
Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11