RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Creating Youtube slideshow using Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Creating Youtube slideshow using Gimp John Culleton 24 Apr 22:39
  Creating Youtube slideshow using Gimp Martin Nordholts 24 Apr 23:12
   Creating Youtube slideshow using Gimp Patrick 25 Apr 00:38
  Creating Youtube slideshow using Gimp Scott 24 Apr 23:14
   Creating Youtube slideshow using Gimp Elwin Estle 24 Apr 23:52
John Culleton
2008-04-24 22:39:34 UTC (about 16 years ago)

I am just getting started on this. I know that Gimp can create individual jpegs to be combined using other software into an animated slideshow. But does it offer assistance beyond that? Any of you who have traveled this road please chime in.

Martin Nordholts
2008-04-24 23:12:33 UTC (about 16 years ago)

John Culleton wrote:

I am just getting started on this. I know that Gimp can create individual jpegs to be combined using other software into an animated slideshow. But does it offer assistance beyond that? Any of you who have traveled this road please chime in.

Hello

Look into the very powerful mencoder. It can also be worth checking out Cinelerra.

BR,
Martin Nordholts

Scott
2008-04-24 23:14:58 UTC (about 16 years ago)

On Thursday 24 April 2008 1:39:34 pm John Culleton wrote:

Don't know specifically about Youtube and what they require for formatting of uploads, but there is animation software for the Gimp (Gimp Animation Package) and several tutorials for it at the Gimp Talk Forum. The one I wrote is at http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Gap-For-Animated-Gif-9937-1.html, if you don't mind following along with a guided tutorial.

Others may have better suggestions for something Youtube-specific.

Elwin Estle
2008-04-24 23:52:31 UTC (about 16 years ago)

Youtube only accepts video formats. Doesn't really matter what format, everything is converted to .flv format, but some convert with better quality than others.

--- Scott wrote:

On Thursday 24 April 2008 1:39:34 pm John Culleton wrote:

Don't know specifically about Youtube and what they require for formatting of uploads, but there is animation software for the Gimp (Gimp Animation Package) and several tutorials for it at the Gimp Talk Forum. The one I wrote is at http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Gap-For-Animated-Gif-9937-1.html, if you don't mind following along with a guided tutorial.

Others may have better suggestions for something Youtube-specific.

Patrick
2008-04-25 00:38:38 UTC (about 16 years ago)

Have you guys tried the Gimp Animation Package?

Basically in a nut shell, you can split movies into individual frames or you can combine frames into a single movie. All of Gimp's features can be applied to the frames.

I have not used it extensively but I have saved all the GAP related threads on this list over the past year or so and I have fooled around with it a bit.

-Patrick

Martin Nordholts wrote:

John Culleton wrote:

Hello

Look into the very powerful mencoder. It can also be worth checking out Cinelerra.

BR,
Martin Nordholts