RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Wacom tablet

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Wacom tablet Christopher Burkhart 20 Jan 06:48
  Wacom tablet Simon Nickau 20 Jan 15:09
  Wacom tablet RalfGesellensetter 20 Jan 17:30
   Wacom tablet Christopher Burkhart 20 Jan 18:54
    Wacom tablet Mike Williams 20 Jan 19:22
Christopher Burkhart
2008-01-20 06:48:52 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Wacom tablet

I am using Gimp 2.4.2 under Windows and I am trying to get my Wacom Bamboo Fun working and I am having some issues. For instance the pen quits working, and it doesn't seem to recognize the two different tips of the stylus. Also the pressure sensitivity responds in wacky ways, for example its not a smooth progression.

I would love to search the archives, since I am sure this had already come up, but I am not really sure how to...

Any help would be great Chris

Simon Nickau
2008-01-20 15:09:53 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Wacom tablet

I've had the same problems on my tablet PC, also with GIMP 2.4.2. I remember it working fine on Vista, although I'm not sure whether I had the same version of GIMP, it may have been 2.4.1

I did test it in Adobe Flash as well to see if it was an issue with the pen, and had the same trouble, so I think the tablet driver is to blame. I id try reinstalling it but this ended up making the pen not work at all, at the moment I have uninstalled Wacom's driver again and am using the Windows XP built in driver, which lacks functionality for pressure sensitivity and the eraser.

I will try installing the driver again and will tell you how that works out.

RalfGesellensetter
2008-01-20 17:30:30 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Wacom tablet

Am Sonntag 20 Januar 2008 schrieb Christopher Burkhart:

I am using Gimp 2.4.2 under Windows and I am trying to get my Wacom Bamboo Fun working

Hi Christopher,

did you ever try to boot a recent Live CD (Kanotix, Sidux, Ubuntu)? I could imagine that your tablet works out of the box there.

Regards Ralf

Christopher Burkhart
2008-01-20 18:54:15 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Wacom tablet

Ralf,
Under vanilla Ubuntu, the Bamboo Fun does not run. Right now I am having some other issues with my Ubuntu install at the moment, but it does take a bit more effort then just plug and play.

However, I am having these problems in Vista with only Gimp, under other programs it is working fine.

Is there anyway to search the archives? Thanks
Chris
On Jan 20, 2008 10:30 AM, RalfGesellensetter wrote:

Am Sonntag 20 Januar 2008 schrieb Christopher Burkhart:

I am using Gimp 2.4.2 under Windows and I am trying to get my Wacom Bamboo Fun working

Hi Christopher,

did you ever try to boot a recent Live CD (Kanotix, Sidux, Ubuntu)? I could imagine that your tablet works out of the box there.

Regards Ralf

Mike Williams
2008-01-20 19:22:55 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Wacom tablet

On Jan 20, 2008 12:54 PM, Christopher Burkhart wrote:

Ralf,
Under vanilla Ubuntu, the Bamboo Fun does not run. Right now I am having some other issues with my Ubuntu install at the moment, but it does take a bit more effort then just plug and play.

However, I am having these problems in Vista with only Gimp, under other programs it is working fine.

Is there anyway to search the archives?

Click on the link in the footer of the list message, then click on archives to browse the archives.

https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Or you can use something like the following as a search string on google:

site:berkeley.edu gimp-user wacom

Slightly off topic, since your chasing a vista problem, but for future reference, if you have issues with linux and wacom there is another list that may be helpful:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss

Mike