RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to set default value for Script-Fu scripts?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to set default value for Script-Fu scripts? Manuel Reimer 16 Sep 14:57
  How to set default value for Script-Fu scripts? Akkana Peck 17 Sep 04:06
  How to set default value for Script-Fu scripts? Kevin Cozens 23 Sep 00:32
Manuel Reimer
2007-09-16 14:57:54 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Hello,

I know, that it's possible to set a default value while "script-fu-register", but is it also possible to set a default value, based on some information fetched by a small script?

Thanks in advance

CU

Manuel

Akkana Peck
2007-09-17 04:06:18 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Manuel Reimer writes:

Hello,

I know, that it's possible to set a default value while "script-fu-register", but is it also possible to set a default value, based on some information fetched by a small script?

One thing I've done is calculate the default value before calling script-fu-register. But of course that doesn't help if you want a new default calculated each time the dialog comes up based on some property of the image; you can only calculate a one-time application-wide default that way.

Kevin Cozens
2007-09-23 00:32:04 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Manuel Reimer wrote:

The register call is the currently the only way to set default values. If you wanted to temporarily change the defaults for a script you would have to call the register function with the values you want to set as the default.

Script Y could change the defaults for script X. Script X could change the defaults for the next time it was invoked. What you can't do at the moment is start up script X and have it set the defaults based on conditions existing at the time you invoked the script.