RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

wmf problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

wmf problems Magnus Hellström 16 Nov 22:26
  wmf problems Sven Neumann 17 Nov 09:00
   wmf problems Michael Schumacher 17 Nov 10:49
Magnus Hellström
2006-11-16 22:26:36 UTC (over 17 years ago)

wmf problems

Hello, my problem is regarding wmf files in GIMP.

When running Gimp Version 2.1.13 on Windows XP * Some wmf files are rotated 180 degrees when loaded in GIMP * Some charaters are missing in images loaded by GIMP (swedish characters in this case)

In Gimp Version 2.3.12 the first problem is resolved but the second remains. Do I miss some resource or plugin to support the character set or is there any other solution to this problem? Preferably, I would like to use the stable version 2.1.13 but the later might be ok as well.

Regards

Magnus

Sven Neumann
2006-11-17 09:00:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

wmf problems

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 22:26 +0100, Magnus Hellström wrote:

Hello, my problem is regarding wmf files in GIMP.

When running Gimp Version 2.1.13 on Windows XP * Some wmf files are rotated 180 degrees when loaded in GIMP * Some charaters are missing in images loaded by GIMP (swedish characters in this case)

That would be a problem in libwmf then. You better make sure that the libwmf developers get to know about it. It could also be a problem with the WMF file format not specifying the string encoding (or specifying it incorrectly). But again this is something that the libwmf developers can probably answer much better. The GIMP plug-in is just a small wrapper around this library, it doesn't really know anything about the file format internals. Of course it might turn out that we need to do something in the plug-in to fix this problem. If that is the case, I am sure the libwmf developers will take care of filing a bug report in our bug tracker.

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2006-11-17 10:49:41 UTC (over 17 years ago)

wmf problems

Von: Sven Neumann

That would be a problem in libwmf then. You better make sure that the libwmf developers get to know about it.

... or Jernej, because I'm not sure if the currentl libwmf is shipped with GIMP yet.

HTH, Michael