RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Printing in Ver 1.2.2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Printing in Ver 1.2.2 Alistair Carr 17 Apr 13:39
  Printing in Ver 1.2.2 John Culleton 17 Apr 16:33
   Printing in Ver 1.2.2 Alistair Carr 18 Apr 11:42
Alistair Carr
2002-04-17 13:39:58 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Printing in Ver 1.2.2

Hi folks I am using gimp version1.2.2 in Mandrake 8.1 and cannot get Gimp to print.If I try to print a photo etc, the little progress bar at the bottom of the image dialog box slides across the bottom of the image screen with the word printing next to it but there is no output to the printer.I am using a canon s400 (very similar to the older bjc 3000) usb printer.The print dialog box lists the canon and the print command in setup is "lp -s dCanon oraw". I am using the cups print system ,but I did try using lpr and it made no difference.
Also another problem is the print dialog box is too big for the monitor screen and I have to use alt ,left mouse to slide the window up the screen so I can access the print button.Resizing by border dragging only works for making the window larger not smaller.I am running a res of 1024x768 on a 17 inch monitor.Any ideas?
Regards ,Alistair

John Culleton
2002-04-17 16:33:25 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Printing in Ver 1.2.2

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 07:39, Alistair Carr wrote:

Hi folks I am using gimp version1.2.2 in Mandrake 8.1 and cannot get Gimp to print.If I try to print a photo etc, the little progress bar at the bottom of the image dialog box slides across the bottom of the image screen with the word printing next to it but there is no output to the printer.I am using a canon s400 (very similar to the older bjc 3000) usb printer.The print dialog box lists the canon and the print command in setup is "lp -s dCanon oraw". I am using the cups print system ,but I did try using lpr and it made no difference.
Also another problem is the print dialog box is too big for the monitor screen and I have to use alt ,left mouse to slide the window up the screen so I can access the print button.Resizing by border dragging only works for making the window larger not smaller.I am running a res of 1024x768 on a 17 inch monitor.Any ideas?
Regards ,Alistair

Alistair Carr
2002-04-18 11:42:32 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Printing in Ver 1.2.2

John Culleton wrote:-

If you make your virtual desktop bigger than your physical desktop then you can slide around with the mouse without resizing or using alt keys etc. Here are my settings in /etc/X11/XF86Config:

---------------------------------------------------------- Thanks John
but I have tried the larger virtual desktop before and I found it extremely irritating.I suppose I will have to live with the leftclick/alt drag method. I have seen this problem crop up with some other windows and I wonder why it happens? Is there some reason the why the people who write these apps can't allow smaller windows.Restrictions by display managers or something? This is not meant as a criticism , just a query as to why it happens. Regards ,
Alistair