RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question about brushes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question about brushes Judy Wilson 30 Mar 15:40
  Question about brushes Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 30 Mar 17:42
  Question about brushes Carol Spears 30 Mar 18:11
Judy Wilson
2002-03-30 15:40:04 UTC (about 22 years ago)

Question about brushes

We are switching to all Linux applications in our home, but I still have to use Corel for my graphics, and I want to stop. I'm learning the Gimp!

I would like to have more choices for brushes, for especially when I use the clone tool. I restore old photos for people here in Corozal, Belize. How can I make a different size brush?

TIA

Judy

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2002-03-30 17:42:15 UTC (about 22 years ago)

Question about brushes

judy@corozal.com (2002-03-30 at 0840.04 -0600):

I would like to have more choices for brushes, for especially when I use the clone tool. I restore old photos for people here in Corozal, Belize. How can I make a different size brush?

Open the brushes dialog and you have a basic start set. There is a "new" button to add more brushes (rounded shape only). And you can create small images and save them in ~/.gimp-1.2/brushes/ as .gbr to have even more diverse shapes (like stars, squares, fruits...).

GSR

Carol Spears
2002-03-30 18:11:16 UTC (about 22 years ago)

Question about brushes

On 2002-03-30 at 0840.04 -0600, Judy Wilson typed this mail:

We are switching to all Linux applications in our home, but I still have to use Corel for my graphics, and I want to stop. I'm learning the Gimp!

there is even more you can do with gimp brushes also. Adrian has a great tutorial here about image-pipes http://adrian.gimp.org/gimppipe/

also, if you make some useful brushes, i would love to put them on my site. i am collecting gimp resources that are not already included with GIMP there. http://carol.gimp.org

carol