RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fattening up?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fattening up? Jim Clark 26 Mar 21:23
  Fattening up? Jack Reese 26 Mar 21:32
Jim Clark
2002-03-26 21:23:34 UTC (about 22 years ago)

Fattening up?

Someone sent some really amusing images of movie stars and what they would look like 100 pounds heavier. The images were really well done. They had "before and after" shots, so you could see the same image with a skinny and hefty star. The pictures were amazing. As one who has labored over things like this, I was astonished. I assume this was some Photoshop tool (Enlarge? Supersize?), but wonder if anyone knows how this might be done in GIMP?

Everything about the images is the same--these were not fatties grafted in as they had the same clothes. Some distortion tool was used to select just the one person and make them bigger. I am not interested in fattening people up so much as seeing how to manipulate one person exclusively, without the labor of fuzzy select, which is tedious and sometimes quite challenging against a varied background.

Ideas?

if anyone is intereted in seeing a sample image, e-mail me and I'll send one on.

Jim Clark

Jack Reese
2002-03-26 21:32:17 UTC (about 22 years ago)

Fattening up?

Hi,

I haven't seen anything in the GIMP to do this, but I have seen some impressive level-set theory research that addresses this task very effectively. If you are interested, the person to talk to is Bryan Morse, morse@rivit.cs.byu.edu.

Jack

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:23:34 -0600

Someone sent some really amusing images of movie stars and what they would look like 100 pounds heavier. The images were really well done. They had "before and after" shots, so you could see the same image with a skinny and hefty star. The pictures were amazing. As one who has labored over things like this, I was astonished. I assume this was some Photoshop tool (Enlarge? Supersize?), but wonder if anyone knows how this might be done in GIMP?

Everything about the images is the same--these were not fatties grafted in as they had the same clothes. Some distortion tool was used to select just the one person and make them bigger. I am not interested in fattening people up so much as seeing how to manipulate one person exclusively, without the labor of fuzzy select, which is tedious and sometimes quite challenging against a varied background.

Ideas?

if anyone is intereted in seeing a sample image, e-mail me and I'll send one on.

Jim Clark