RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp brushes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp brushes Helen 15 Nov 22:21
  gimp brushes Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 15 Nov 23:40
Helen
2005-11-15 22:21:34 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp brushes

I created a couple of brushes with my signature, but they don't show up as available brushes in Gimp.

Here's a directory listing. Do I need to change the extensions? Make them executable? Any ideas as to why they don't show up as available brushes? helen@marigold:~/.gimp-2.2/brushes> ls mybrush2.xcf SigBrushes6.gbr SigBrushes6.xcf signature05Vertical_1.xcf helen@marigold:~/.gimp-2.2/brushes>

Thanks, Helen, using SuSE 10, Gimp 2.2.9, Linux

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-11-15 23:40:51 UTC (over 18 years ago)

gimp brushes

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 07:21 pm, Helen wrote:

I created a couple of brushes with my signature, but they don't show up as available brushes in Gimp.

Here's a directory listing. Do I need to change the extensions? Make them executable? Any ideas as to why they don't show up as available brushes? helen@marigold:~/.gimp-2.2/brushes> ls mybrush2.xcf SigBrushes6.gbr SigBrushes6.xcf signature05Vertical_1.xcf helen@marigold:~/.gimp-2.2/brushes>

Thanks, Helen, using SuSE 10, Gimp 2.2.9, Linux

They must be saved as ".gbr" images, not ".xcf" images.

Since I am at it: brushes can either bey RGBA images, or GRAY (with no alpha) images. In the first case, they always will be painted with the colors that show up in the original image. In the second case, what is white in the image becomes transparent in the brush, and black on the image becomes colored in the brush. The brush uses whatever color the GIMP is painting in.

JS
->