RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP 2.10.6 installaion error

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP 2.10.6 installaion error gavinnico1976 24 Feb 17:55
  GIMP 2.10.6 installaion error gavinnico1976 25 Feb 13:50
2021-02-24 17:55:41 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

gimp-2.10.6-setup.exe fails on Windows 7 (64bit).

Oddly, when I try to run the installer it offers NO opportunity to select an installation drive and then says it cannot find a drive it wants to use. Dialogue message displayed as follows:

However, I can find NO way to select another drive, which creates the proverbial deadly embrace.

I normally install GIMP to removable drives which allows me to run it in portable fashion where I continue to have older versions available for fallback purposes.

What's going on here? Very strange!

2021-02-25 13:50:23 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

gimp-2.10.6-setup.exe fails on Windows 7 (64bit).

Oddly, when I try to run the installer it offers NO opportunity to select an installation drive and then says it cannot find a drive it wants to use. Dialogue message displayed as follows:

However, I can find NO way to select another drive, which creates the proverbial deadly embrace.

I normally install GIMP to removable drives which allows me to run it in portable fashion where I continue to have older versions available for fallback purposes.

What's going on here? Very strange!

now i download gimp 2.8.0 https://gimp.cc/download-gimp-2-8-0/ and its installed on my system and its working fine