RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Color file prints black and white.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Color file prints black and white. gattodacqua 08 Feb 17:03
  Color file prints black and white. gattodacqua 10 Feb 09:25
2021-02-08 17:03:24 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

How do i print my color file in color?

I am trying to print an RGB color file. In Image->Mode, i see RGB. File->Print, the dialogue opens up, in the tabs at the top i select Color, and in there is only Grayscale, no color choice. And the file indeed prints as B&W.

I have tried several RGB color files now, all the same result. I have searched and can't find anything relating to this. In my preferences i don't see anything that i would think would cause this, color profiles or such. Nor anything in the Print dialog windows.

What stupidly obvious thing[s] am i missing?

On Macbook pro 2013, Catalina 10.15.7. GIMP 2.10.22, but this was happening before i updated too.

2021-02-10 09:25:29 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

Solved. It was the printer. I got a new HP, and for some reason there are two iterations of it. I had selected one, seemed ok, but that one would only print BW. Selected the other one, and now it is printing color.

First the printer offered only an IP address, which worked fine for some BW documents. Later it changed, i do not know why, and became the name of the printer [Envy 6000 series]. Then a second one showed up [HP Envy 6000 series]. Curious. But selecting that second one seems to be the solution.