RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

trim image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

trim image judeamorales 12 Jan 08:04
  trim image programmer_ceds 13 Jan 16:28
   trim image judeamorales 14 Jan 13:54
    trim image programmer_ceds 14 Jan 17:52
     trim image programmer_ceds 14 Jan 22:22
      trim image judeamorales 15 Jan 07:40
      trim image judeamorales 15 Jan 08:47
2021-01-12 08:04:43 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

trim image

I understand both trim and the rectangle tool but when i try to cut or trim the top off an image, it leaves an alpha layer visible. I want to have a clean cut that will cut the top of the image off clean. Can anyone help me? Thanks, I have been trying to do this for 2 years. (I do not want to leave a transparent background)

Jude

2021-01-13 16:28:25 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

trim image

You don't say which version of GIMP you are using - the following applies to V2.10.22.

Use the Crop tool and in the tool options make sure that "Current layer only" is not selected but "Delete cropped pixels" is selected.

I understand both trim and the rectangle tool but when i try to cut or trim the top off an image, it leaves an alpha layer visible. I want to have a clean cut that will cut the top of the image off clean. Can anyone help me? Thanks, I have been trying to do this for 2 years. (I do not want to leave a transparent background)

Jude

2021-01-14 13:54:21 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

trim image

You don't say which version of GIMP you are using - the following applies to V2.10.22.

Use the Crop tool and in the tool options make sure that "Current layer only" is not selected but "Delete cropped pixels" is selected.

Thank you so much. Using 2.10.22 but I cannot find any place in tool options or preferences or with the tool that that has "current layer only" and neither can find "delete cropped pixels" Maybe it is right in front of me but I don't see that anywhere.

I go to the crop tool, next, I place the crop window where I want it to crop.

After that, I understand that I can double click or use "cut" under edit.

And I did that once and somehow it worked. I failed to use "nohalo" and it became very pixelated.

(at this point, I'm not even sure how I did it) So with the above information, what can you suggest for me? I appreciate you taking the time to help! Jude

2021-01-14 17:52:01 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

trim image

I'm not sure what the interpolation type has to do with the Crop tool.

Having selected the area that you want to keep the Tool Options should look like the attached image. This shows the two setting =s mentioned. If you are using GIMP in multi-window mode you may have to press the Tab key to see the toolbox.

Thank you so much. Using 2.10.22 but I cannot find any place in tool options or preferences or with the tool that that has "current layer only" and neither can find "delete cropped pixels" Maybe it is right in front of me but I don't see that anywhere.

I go to the crop tool, next, I place the crop window where I want it to crop.

After that, I understand that I can double click or use "cut" under edit.

And I did that once and somehow it worked. I failed to use "nohalo" and it became very pixelated.

(at this point, I'm not even sure how I did it) So with the above information, what can you suggest for me? I appreciate you taking the time to help! Jude

2021-01-14 22:22:11 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

trim image

Just realised what the problem might be. If you go to "Windows/Dockable Dialogues" is "Tool Options" selected? If not try selecting it.

2021-01-15 07:40:07 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

trim image

Just realised what the problem might be. If you go to "Windows/Dockable Dialogues" is "Tool Options" selected? If not try selecting it.

I read that checking the nohal would prevent the pixels from moving around, but maybe I misunderstood the article. Thank you for all the additional information and image of the tool options, I will follow your instructions and let you know when I am successful. Jude

2021-01-15 08:47:54 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

trim image

There we go! That did it. A million thanks! Jude