RSS/Atom feed Twitter

Can't Add Layer to Group

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Can't Add Layer to Group MeganKuhn 28 Nov 18:55
2020-11-28 18:55:19 UTC (10 months ago)
postings
contact

Can't Add Layer to Group

Hello. Hopefully someone here can help me figure out why this is happening. I'm using GIMP 2.10.22 on Windows 10. My file is in RGB color.

I have a project with a lot of layers, so to organize them, I created a layer group. Everything I read online says that I just need to drag and drop my layers into the group with my mouse, but when I do this, nothing happens. I don't see the cursor change or anything. I also can't reorder layers by dragging and dropping them - I have to use the arrows at the bottom of the layers panel. Additionally, I can't drag layers from one open file to another, which I saw someone else do in a tutorial.

Has anyone else had this happen? I can't find resources online to explain what's going on here. I tried restarting GIMP and my my computer and using different files, but still nothing happens when I try to drag and drop.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice.