RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

dialogs won't dock

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

dialogs won't dock RabidLime 30 Sep 21:46
  dialogs won't dock RabidLime 30 Sep 21:48
2020-09-30 21:46:36 UTC (over 3 years ago)
postings

dialogs won't dock

this is maddening. i can't get any help elsewhere so hopefully someone here can get me out of this hell.

did a fresh install and still doesn't work. see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK410n_wIMs.

i've tried Google but either my Google-fu is failing me or there's some idiotic thing i'm overlooking that no one else on the planet has before because zero people seem to have this problem.

all i'm trying to do is get three dialogs on the right (layers on top, colors in the middle, tool options on the bottom) and a single column of the tools on the left. i can get the tools just fine, but dialogs as whole seem to be unable to dock at all. no matter where i try to drop any dialog, at any time, it fails and stays in it's own separate window. again, see video.

i'm going out of my mind. any help is appreciated.

2020-09-30 21:48:51 UTC (over 3 years ago)
postings

dialogs won't dock

this is maddening. i can't get any help elsewhere so hopefully someone here can get me out of this hell.

did a fresh install and still doesn't work. see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK410n_wIMs.

i've tried Google but either my Google-fu is failing me or there's some idiotic thing i'm overlooking that no one else on the planet has before because zero people seem to have this problem.

all i'm trying to do is get three dialogs on the right (layers on top, colors in the middle, tool options on the bottom) and a single column of the tools on the left. i can get the tools just fine, but dialogs as whole seem to be unable to dock at all. no matter where i try to drop any dialog, at any time, it fails and stays in it's own separate window. again, see video.

i'm going out of my mind. any help is appreciated.

more info: i can add dialogs to existing docks via the button to the right of the dialog tabs (that little triangle one, the same one i use to close several dialogs in the video) but when i remove or try to reposition any dialog that's docked, it detaches and stays that way. it won't dock again unless i add it via the button i mentioned before. no matter what, there can only be two docks stacked vertically on the right. i'm at a complete loss.