RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Need Help with Plug in Photogimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Need Help with Plug in Photogimp Artisto 28 Sep 02:18
  Need Help with Plug in Photogimp rich404 28 Sep 12:29
2020-09-28 02:18:16 UTC (over 3 years ago)
postings

PHOTOGIMP PLUGIN NOT WORKING
Hello everyone! Brand new here, I thought of looking for a forum after having a horrible week trying to figure out GIMP. I went on you tube and came across Davie's media design where PhotoGIMP is explained. Makes it seem very simple BUT IT ACTUALLY ISN'T !!!

I have this new windows machine (i'm a linux user - thought I'd fool around with Windows because its on a new laptop) and despite trying multiple ways after following instructions and then trying over and over, I can not get the plug in to get GIMP to open the way it seems it should. The instructions say this only works with flatpak BUT to install on Windows just requires maybe a minor difference in step.

Is there maybe a prepackaged version anywhere or can someone help me figure out why this won't work on my new Windows Home edition? (yes, I know- why bother with Windows etc..) I downloaded PHOTOGIMP from Github where the tutorial directs one to go.

rich404
2020-09-28 12:29:31 UTC (over 3 years ago)

PHOTOGIMP PLUGIN NOT WORKING
Hello everyone! Brand new here, I thought of looking for a forum after having a horrible week trying to figure out GIMP. I went on you tube and came across Davie's media design where PhotoGIMP is explained. Makes it seem very simple BUT IT ACTUALLY ISN'T !!!

I have this new windows machine (i'm a linux user - thought I'd fool around with Windows because its on a new laptop) and despite trying multiple ways after following instructions and then trying over and over, I can not get the plug in to get GIMP to open the way it seems it should. The instructions say this only works with flatpak BUT to install on Windows just requires maybe a minor difference in step.

Is there maybe a prepackaged version anywhere or can someone help me figure out why this won't work on my new Windows Home edition? (yes, I know- why bother with Windows etc..) I downloaded PHOTOGIMP from Github where the tutorial directs one to go.

PhotoGIMP no accounting for taste. I use linux as well but in a Win10 / Gimp 2.10.20 VM Not so much a plugin as a replacement Gimp User profile.

I got a zip "PhotoGIMP-1.0" which unzips to another "PhotoGIMP by Diolinux v2020 for Flatpak.zip"

In that zip is a replacement GIMP folder PhotoGIMP by Diolinux v2020 for Flatpak\.var\app\org.gimp.GIMP\config\GIMP

Putting that GIMP folder in: https://i.imgur.com/fjV1i5U.jpg Gets this: https://i.imgur.com/Lj75wOC.jpg

but

Rediculous amount of fonts 1800+ / 82 extra brushes / and GEGL presets filters to go with them.

Then the added *binary* plugins are 64 bit linux which you will need to replace with the appropriate Windows versions. Looks to me that these come straight from the linux gimp-plugin-registry debian package.

dbp - Davids Batch Processor - Not sure that works any more in Gimp 2.10

fix-ca - Old and there are alternatives for colour abberation

gimp-lqr-plugin - liquid rescale - the windows version is 32 bit, can be made to work

gimpmask - never used that

plug_in_lqr_iter - iterative rescale - really made for an earlier era when images were much smaller

resynthesizer - resynthesizer_gui needed for the heal-selection..etc python plugins There are good Windows versions.

separate - separate_import The old CMYK plugin. Does not work with Gimp 2.10 Use the more recent Cyan application.

streak - never used it

wavelet-denoise - old interface but useful

webexport - well past its sell-by date. Only partly works.