RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Bucket Fill has stopped working

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Bucket Fill has stopped working HeavyPsy 31 Jul 08:54
  Bucket Fill has stopped working rich404 31 Jul 10:22
   Bucket Fill has stopped working HeavyPsy 31 Jul 12:26
   Bucket Fill has stopped working c1p0 10 Feb 12:29
2020-07-31 08:54:33 UTC (over 3 years ago)
postings

Bucket Fill suddenly stopped working, after previously working without a hitch. When I try to use it, nothing happens. It shows as an action that I can Undo, but there is no change to the image. I had used it with GIMP 2.10.14, then it stopped working. I reinstalled 2.10.14 and still had the problem. I then installed 2.10.20 and I still have the problem. I have tried using both background color and foreground color. I have not knowingly changed any settings. I would appreciate any help in fixing this.

rich404
2020-07-31 10:22:33 UTC (over 3 years ago)

Bucket Fill suddenly stopped working, after previously working without a hitch. When I try to use it, nothing happens. It shows as an action that I can Undo, but there is no change to the image. I had used it with GIMP 2.10.14, then it stopped working. I reinstalled 2.10.14 and still had the problem. I then installed 2.10.20 and I still have the problem. I have tried using both background color and foreground color. I have not knowingly changed any settings. I would appreciate any help in fixing this.

Reinstalling Gimp seems to be a favourite Windows User tactic but it does not work because the tool settings are saved in the user profile which is never un-installed. Once created it remains between installations. (Of course you can delete it and Gimp will create a new default when first run)

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ (Not Windows, using linux or MacOS ? Give your version.)

Without seeing what you have in the Bucket Fill tool options and the layer(s) you are try to use it on.

Try Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options then click on "Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values" Click on OK and restart Gimp.

It might work, but on the other hand it might be your work flow. Check you are on the correct layer .

2020-07-31 12:26:56 UTC (over 3 years ago)
postings

Thanks, Rich404. Your suggestion to reset Tool Options fixed the problem. I have no idea what caused the issue, but it is enough for me to have it working again.

Reinstalling Gimp seems to be a favourite Windows User tactic but it does not work because the tool settings are saved in the user profile which is never un-installed. Once created it remains between installations. (Of course you can delete it and Gimp will create a new default when first run)

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ (Not Windows, using linux or MacOS ? Give your version.)

Without seeing what you have in the Bucket Fill tool options and the layer(s) you are try to use it on.

Try Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options then click on "Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values" Click on OK and restart Gimp.

It might work, but on the other hand it might be your work flow. Check you are on the correct layer .

2021-02-10 12:29:42 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

Thanks! I had the same problem for quite a while and didn't know what was causing it. I thought that maybe I don't know how to use GIMP, but this fixed it.