RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Lineart blending

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Lineart blending Veronica Ma via gimp-user-list 30 Apr 00:01
  Lineart blending Ofnuts 01 May 08:47
Veronica Ma via gimp-user-list
2020-04-30 00:01:19 UTC (almost 4 years ago)

Lineart blending

Hi there,

Personally, I draw with a mouse and use the path tool to create stable lines. My lines are usually in solid black and they just sort of "frame" my characters.

However, the more I look at other artists' artwork, the more I notice that most of them have their lines blend smoothly with the color of the surface, not just a harsh black line outlining the object. I have tried searching up but the results misunderstood my question. I understand this Gimp inquiry may not be answered for a while, so I'll just have to make my black lines thinner for the time being. Of course, if any future replies are helpful, I will appreciate them a lot in advance.

Veronica

Ofnuts
2020-05-01 08:47:06 UTC (almost 4 years ago)

Lineart blending

On 30/04/2020 02:01, Veronica Ma via gimp-user-list wrote:

Hi there,

Personally, I draw with a mouse and use the path tool to create stable lines. My lines are usually in solid black and they just sort of "frame" my characters.

However, the more I look at other artists' artwork, the more I notice that most of them have their lines blend smoothly with the color of the surface, not just a harsh black line outlining the object. I have tried searching up but the results misunderstood my question. I understand this Gimp inquiry may not be answered for a while, so I'll just have to make my black lines thinner for the time being. Of course, if any future replies are helpful, I will appreciate them a lot in advance.

Did you try to blur the layer with the lines by a couple of pixels?