RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Feedback - Very saturated and darkened fotos

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Feedback - Very saturated and darkened fotos Epitácio Filho Designer via gimp-user-list 26 Apr 17:52
Epitácio Filho Designer via gimp-user-list
2020-04-26 17:52:58 UTC (almost 4 years ago)

Feedback - Very saturated and darkened fotos

At first my demand was answered by Liam R E Quin and I thanked him.

However, I should test what was suggested to me.

I adopted the procedure but it was not possible to experiment and evaluate the instruction received.

Moments before, I had performed several actions to desaturate the images, but the only one that worked was Filters / Color / Hue to White / Brightness / Lightness: 1.73 over-saturation: 0.29 brightness: 0.00.

This procedure provided an approximate result of the original image, see attachment.

GIMP memorized the filters that I had applied, and I was unable to assess whether the subsequent results were generated from Liam's instruction or from my procedure.

But I liked being able to count on such solutions, however more tests would be necessary, but I had to stop everything (my fists became painful - tendonitis).

Now, when returning the action in new image editing processes in GIMP to use on the website and in a 3D builder, the problem resurfaced and did not work in the “non-linear before exporting” mode, nor did it work for the Filters I used.

I appealed to the Firework and got an approximate result to the original, see attachment. In photoshop it opened perfectly, without any problems. However, if I need to retouch images edited in GIMP in another editor, the program will no longer be useful, which would be unfortunate. For this reason I seek solutions.

Summary: The images are perfect in GIMP. I adjust them, change the format, lighting and contrast, everything is beautiful. But when they are opened in other applications the images are strangely saturated and dark, this can be seen in the icons displayed in the file folder.

I have been editing images for some years, but I may not be familiar with the software.

It is currently working well, but I don't know when the bug will occur again.

P.S .: Unfortunately, it is not always possible for me to post feedbacks.