RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

I have lost all my Gimp windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

I have lost all my Gimp windows Jean TAVENAS 09 Apr 14:09
  I have lost all my Gimp windows Pat David via gimp-user-list 09 Apr 15:59
  I have lost all my Gimp windows Ofnuts 10 Apr 07:18
Jean TAVENAS
2020-04-09 14:09:59 UTC (about 4 years ago)

Hello,

I have lost all my Gimp windows. I just have now one window with the entries fichier edition selection affichage image calque couleurs outils filtres fenetres aide.

I have de-installed the gimp application and re-install it as I thaught the appli will be re-installed with a default configuration but unfortunately it seems that the re-install keeps the previous setting.

I have been able to create a new tool box using a CTL B, but the window created is not anchored to the main window.

Could you help ? how could/should I removed all Gimp files in order to do a complete re-installation ?

Thanks for your help, I am on Win10.

Best regards

Jean

Pat David via gimp-user-list
2020-04-09 15:59:33 UTC (about 4 years ago)

Maybe you accidentally hid everything? Try hitting the "TAB" key?

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 9:23 AM Jean TAVENAS wrote:

Hello,

I have lost all my Gimp windows. I just have now one window with the entries
fichier edition selection affichage image calque couleurs outils filtres fenetres aide.

I have de-installed the gimp application and re-install it as I thaught the appli will be re-installed with a default configuration but unfortunately it
seems that the re-install keeps the previous setting.

I have been able to create a new tool box using a CTL B, but the window created is not anchored to the main window.

Could you help ? how could/should I removed all Gimp files in order to do a complete re-installation ?

Best regards

Jean

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
Ofnuts
2020-04-10 07:18:24 UTC (about 4 years ago)

On 09/04/2020 16:09, Jean TAVENAS wrote:

Hello,

I have lost all my Gimp windows. I just have now one window with the entries fichier edition selection affichage image calque couleurs outils filtres fenetres aide.

I have de-installed the gimp application and re-install it as I thaught the appli will be re-installed with a default configuration but unfortunately it seems that the re-install keeps the previous setting.

Best regards

Edit>Preferences>Interface>Window management>Window positions>Reset saved window positions to default values

Gimp keeps its configuration in the user profile: . This profile is not erased
when you uninstall and reused by the next installation, so reinstallation rarely fix things.