RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Converting TIFF files for use in Processing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Converting TIFF files for use in Processing Paul St George 31 Mar 12:19
  Converting TIFF files for use in Processing Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list 31 Mar 14:00
Paul St George
2020-03-31 12:19:16 UTC (about 4 years ago)

Hello,

I want to use .tiff files in Processing. I can load .tiff images into a Processing sketch if the image has been made by Processing. I cannot load other .tiff files. Does anyone know enough about both gimp and Processing to help? There is clearly something in the metadata that I need to discard or change.

Thanks, Paul

Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list
2020-03-31 14:00:45 UTC (about 4 years ago)

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 02:19:16PM +0200, Paul St George wrote:

Hello,

I want to use .tiff files in Processing. I can load .tiff images into a Processing sketch if the image has been made by Processing. I cannot load other .tiff files. Does anyone know enough about both gimp and Processing to help? There is clearly something in the metadata that I need to discard or change.

Thanks,
Paul

'TIFF' has been described as 'Thousands of Incompatible File Formats'. I've seen warnings in gimp, in the past, when opening tiffs created by a proprietary application (they were created many years ago), but at least they opened.

An overview of the formats is at wikipedia.

Perhaps you could raise an issue at https://github.com/processing to see if the requirements are documented anywhere ?

ĸen

When alle is ſayed and all is done, ye must chooſe your faces wisely,
for soon enouff ye will be playing with fyre."
  The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Prophecy 5004