RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Display id's for gimp-display-delete in Script-Fu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Display id's for gimp-display-delete in Script-Fu Taliesin thePenguinSlayer via gimp-user-list 15 Jan 01:56
  Display id's for gimp-display-delete in Script-Fu Ofnuts 15 Jan 14:26
Taliesin thePenguinSlayer via gimp-user-list
2020-01-15 01:56:57 UTC (about 4 years ago)

The Procedure Browser lists one parameter for gimp-display-delete, the ID of the display you wish to delete, but the vague notes in the Browser offer no help beyond suggesting that display ID's exist. I haven't been able to find any information on how display iD's are assigned, how they are formatted, or how to determine what a display's ID is if you don't already know it. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Ofnuts
2020-01-15 14:26:22 UTC (about 4 years ago)

On 1/15/20 2:56 AM, Taliesin thePenguinSlayer via gimp-user-list wrote:

The Procedure Browser lists one parameter for gimp-display-delete, the ID of the display you wish to delete, but the vague notes in the Browser offer no help beyond suggesting that display ID's exist. I haven't been able to find any information on how display iD's are assigned, how they are formatted, or how to determine what a display's ID is if you don't already know it. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

The general philosophy of Gimp scripts/plugins is that they cannot interfere with the UI. A consequence is that you cannot delete a display that you didn't create (when you create one, you get its ID, so you can delete it later).

As far as I can tell, display IDs are generated in sequence like image IDs. So for simple cases, displayID==imageID but this falls apart when you have more than one display for an image (View>New view) because this offsets the display ID from the image ID for some of the displays (and you cannot really tell which).