RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Resynthesizer transparency heal error

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Resynthesizer transparency heal error Tripostle 04 Nov 06:10
  Gimp Resynthesizer transparency heal error rich404 04 Nov 09:26
   Gimp Resynthesizer transparency heal error Tripostle 04 Nov 09:38
2019-11-04 06:10:29 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I'm a total newbie to GIMP and I came across Resynthesizer when looking for something that could heal transparency. I've installed it into the plugins folder and GIMP is recognising it and I have all the features. I tried to use the heal tool after adding the alpha layer and erasing some of the error but as soon as I do 3 error boxes appear (shown in attached image). The runtime error and calling error make me think it might be something in the script but I won't pretend to actually understand how it works. I found someone else who seemed to be having a similar issue a couple of years back who said they had an old version but I'm pretty sure I have the newest one, any ideas?

rich404
2019-11-04 09:26:52 UTC (over 4 years ago)

I'm a total newbie to GIMP and I came across Resynthesizer when looking for something that could heal transparency. I've installed it into the plugins folder and GIMP is recognising it and I have all the features. I tried to use the heal tool after adding the alpha layer and erasing some of the error but as soon as I do 3 error boxes appear (shown in attached image). The runtime error and calling error make me think it might be something in the script but I won't pretend to actually understand how it works. I found someone else who seemed to be having a similar issue a couple of years back who said they had an old version but I'm pretty sure I have the newest one, any ideas?

What Operating System - Win10 - Win7 - OSX - Linux then 32 bit or 64 bit and version of Gimp ?

Where did you get Resynthesizer from ?

If using Windows 64 bit there is a good version here:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Resynthisizer-Heal-Selection-Runtime-Error?pid=12687#pid12687

I do know it works. Extract the 4 files: plugin-heal-selection.py plugin-heal-transparency.py resynthesizer.exe resynthesizer-gui.exe from the zip and replace the files you previously installed, should go in:

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

2019-11-04 09:38:01 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

What Operating System - Win10 - Win7 - OSX - Linux then 32 bit or 64 bit and version of Gimp ?

Where did you get Resynthesizer from ?

If using Windows 64 bit there is a good version here:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Resynthisizer-Heal-Selection-Runtime-Error?pid=12687#pid12687

I do know it works. Extract the 4 files: plugin-heal-selection.py plugin-heal-transparency.py resynthesizer.exe resynthesizer-gui.exe from the zip and replace the files you previously installed, should go in:

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

That version you sent fixed it! I don't know what was wrong with the version I had but I guess not the correct one. Thanks for the help!