RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gif issue

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gif issue Sam Brazza via gimp-user-list 24 Sep 10:09
  Gif issue Ofnuts 26 Sep 23:10
Sam Brazza via gimp-user-list
2019-09-24 10:09:22 UTC (over 4 years ago)

Gif issue

Hello Sir/Madam

I am contact you about a layer issue. Indeed when I export an animation in gif type the color of the layers change and have some kind of yellow/warm tone.
This problem appears when I was trying to put some filters on the layer but I do not remember which one I used or how I processed. I attach you an animation to illustrate what I mean. Thank you.

Ps: I already reset all the values to his default

Regards

Ofnuts
2019-09-26 23:10:36 UTC (over 4 years ago)

Gif issue

On 9/24/19 12:09 PM, Sam Brazza via gimp-user-list wrote:

Hello Sir/Madam

I am contact you about a layer issue. Indeed when I export an animation in gif type the color of the layers change and have some kind of yellow/warm tone.
This problem appears when I was trying to put some filters on the layer but I do not remember which one I used or how I processed. I attach you an animation to illustrate what I mean. Thank you.

Ps: I already reset all the values to his default

There are several of restrictions in the GIF format: 256 colors max (image is color-indexed), and binary opacity.

When you export a regular image (RGB type) to GIF, Gimp tries to find an optimum palette. If you don't like it, you can convert the image to color-indexed (Image>Mode>Color indexed). There are several options when you do it that way, such as the color palette used.