RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Can't Use Tablet to Draw

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Can't Use Tablet to Draw gamebunnycolor 26 Jun 22:12
2019-06-26 22:12:53 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Can't Use Tablet to Draw

Hello!

I was hoping that maybe someone could help me with this problem: I can't use my tablet pen to draw in GIMP.

Here's some info and what I've tried so far: I'm using a Turcom TS-6610 and GIMP ver. 2.10.12. OS is Windows 10 and it's a 64bit system. I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling both GIMP and my tablet drivers without any changes in behavior. I've already tried changing the settings in the "Input Devices" tab. I can draw just fine using the touchpad on my laptop. GIMP does recognize that I'm using the tablet and I can click on icons and menus. It looks like the only space affected by this is the canvas. None of the tools that use a click-and-drag motion can be used with my tablet pen, they just get stuck wherever I fist clicked. If I leave GIMP running without touching it and then come back, I'll be able to use my tablet like normal, but then it will get stuck again after a certain amount of actions. It seems like the longer I leave it open, the more actions I'm able to take before it locks up again, but this could be random. For some reason, it works mostly normally when I was drawing through the GifCam window, but doesn't work outside of it???

I don't think the problem is with my tablet, because it works just fine in other drawing programs. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.