RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Can this Darken mode Layer in PS be done somehow on Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Can this Darken mode Layer in PS be done somehow on Gimp TheDarboyRealtor 18 Jun 13:23
2019-06-18 13:23:30 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Can this Darken mode Layer in PS be done somehow on Gimp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH80MFVL5jk&feature=youtu.be

Sometimes I like to use video...since it shows you more of what I can only attempt to explain.

Just to around 15 minutes or so....he repeated the process some 3 - 5 times to show how it works

I am in real estate, we try to overexpose shots for the windows to fully expose the outside view. Trying the bring that through the Ambients and Bright Shots can be very time consuming....until I saw guys doing this on Photoshop.

But I have tried at least to my ability to duplicate and every effort on my part, causes the masking to bring the dark window layer through but covers up the white window frames...unlike what this video shows. ...

So perhaps the values work differently or the order... or perhaps this is just not possible on Gimp at this time.

I am truly hoping it can be duplicated here and I just don't know what I am doing wrong :-)

Thanks in advance for your expertise and a great product!