RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Ussues with color selector

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Ussues with color selector mrgoodhand 22 May 17:19
  Ussues with color selector rich404 23 May 08:48
  Ussues with color selector rich404 29 May 08:42
2019-05-22 17:19:58 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Any idea what causes this issue? I've tried reformatting to fix this and it persists.

Dying video card is my suspicion, because this was not an issue just the other week when i last used the program.

rich404
2019-05-23 08:48:54 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

Any idea what causes this issue? I've tried reformatting to fix this and it persists.

Dying video card is my suspicion, because this was not an issue just the other week when i last used the program.

Can not be definitive, but I think that color management is the cause.

Go into Edit -> Preferences -> Color Management and first click on "Reset Color Management" then set Image display mode to "No color management" Ok that and restart Gimp.

Open your image, Check in Image -> Color Management and if enabled untick.

rich404
2019-05-29 08:42:21 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

Keep coming back to this because I have seen it before and could not remember.

It is the select color mode that affects the display.

With LCH ( lightness / chroma / hue ) and C (chroma) active gives that display

Change to one of the RGB channels or better HSV (hue / saturation / value ) and H (hue) gives a more usual display.