RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

I admit I'm an idiot

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

I admit I'm an idiot Mac McMahon via gimp-user-list 24 Apr 16:04
  I admit I'm an idiot Ross Martinek via gimp-user-list 24 Apr 19:21
Mac McMahon via gimp-user-list
2019-04-24 16:04:03 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

I admit I'm an idiot

Hello,

I’m a total amateur and only recently downloaded Gimp to my iMac, I’m trying to use the clone and healing tools. I read the tutorial, saw that I’m supposed to click on the area to be sourced while holding down the control key. However when I do that a dialogue box opens up with a whole series of further options , I quite frankly don’t know how to delete the box, or which option to select. PLEASE HELP THIS IDIOT!!!!

Ross Martinek via gimp-user-list
2019-04-24 19:21:51 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

I admit I'm an idiot

Dear iDiot =^D

Hold down the Command key (the one with the small Celtic knot-like symbol.) to select the source area. The manual was written by Windows users. In Windon’t, you use the control key.

Translating from Windit to Macinese:

Windows “Control” key = Mac Command key Windows “Alt” key = Mac Option key
Windows “Shift” key, strangely enough = Mac Shift key.

Ross

On Apr 24, 2019, at 11:04 AM, Mac McMahon via gimp-user-list wrote:

Hello,

I’m a total amateur and only recently downloaded Gimp to my iMac, I’m trying to use the clone and healing tools. I read the tutorial, saw that I’m supposed to click on the area to be sourced while holding down the control key. However when I do that a dialogue box opens up with a whole series of further options , I quite frankly don’t know how to delete the box, or which option to select. PLEASE HELP THIS IDIOT!!!! _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list