RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

invert selection problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

invert selection problems Jred09 20 Apr 17:31
  invert selection problems rich404 21 Apr 10:04
   invert selection problems Jred09 21 Apr 10:49
2019-04-20 17:31:47 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

im trying to invert a selection i made but i get this weird effect when i do so thought is was some extra part that i couldnt see so i opened a new project and made a selction hit invert and bam same thing????? anyone know whats going on

rich404
2019-04-21 10:04:50 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

im trying to invert a selection i made but i get this weird effect when i do so thought is was some extra part that i couldnt see so i opened a new project and made a selction hit invert and bam same thing????? anyone know whats going on

Same isssue came up here: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17368&p=238528#p238528 but never resolved. I cannot reproduce that in Gimp 2.10.10 either linux or Win10 (VM). If you run gimp from a terminal with the verbose switch:

"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe" --verbose

there might be some output that gives a clue

Or not, might be a hardware thing.

If you have Edit -> Preferences -> Hardware Acceleration & OpenCL enabled, try turning it off.

2019-04-21 10:49:17 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Same isssue came up here:
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17368&p=238528#p238528 but never resolved. I cannot reproduce that in Gimp 2.10.10 either linux or Win10 (VM). If you run gimp from a terminal with the verbose switch:

"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe" --verbose

there might be some output that gives a clue

Or not, might be a hardware thing.

If you have Edit -> Preferences -> Hardware Acceleration & OpenCL enabled, try turning it off.

turning off OpenCL worked thanks