RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Color Banding in GIMP 2.10

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Color Banding in GIMP 2.10 svthiele 01 Feb 17:09
  Color Banding in GIMP 2.10 svthiele 05 Feb 12:45
2019-02-01 17:09:49 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

Hi there,

I finally updated to GIMP 2.10.8 today and wanted to start working on a project when I noticed some very bad banding when using gaussian blur or gradients. I attached an example. This is just a white line with gaussian blur (and masked on the edges). I tried changing the bit depth, changed from linear light to sRGB, all to no avail. When I slowly reduce the opacity of the layer the darkest grey areas simply disappear at some point without having gotten darker before. It's like the alpha channel has an extremely low bit depth. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening and what I can do about it? Go back to 2.8.? Like this, the programm is pretty much useless for me...

Thanks in advance for your help Sascha

2019-02-05 12:45:14 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

No one else has this problem or any solution? That's a shame. Back to 2.8. it is then...