RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.10.8 Change Foreground Color dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.10.8 Change Foreground Color dialog GimpCrazy 01 Feb 09:02
  Gimp 2.10.8 Change Foreground Color dialog rich404 01 Feb 11:41
2019-02-01 09:02:20 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

Hi. I am not a new user to Gimp but the new Change Foreground Color dialog in 2.10.8 isnt making much sense to me. Does anyone have any good resources I can go to to learn more about its updated features?

Thx.

rich404
2019-02-01 11:41:40 UTC (about 5 years ago)

Hi. I am not a new user to Gimp but the new Change Foreground Color dialog in 2.10.8 isnt making much sense to me. Does anyone have any good resources I can go to to learn more about its updated features?

Thx.

I am probably just a step in front, The Gimp docs have not yet caught up, As I understand it the developers need contributors.

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-dialogs-content.html

If you have come from Gimp 2.8 it is worth comparing the difference in the interface.

If you have Hue-Saturation-Value (HSV) and 0..to..255 enabled there is not much difference other than placement of the sliders and slightly different tabs for displaying the 'color-wheel' see: screenshot 1

AFAIK the default is not HSV it is Lightness-Chroma-Hue (LcH) using a percentage 0..to..100 A percentage because 0-225 values for 8 bit images does not fit with 16 bit and higher images. see: screenshot 2

Why all that magenta in the sliders, it comes from the Color Management setting for out of gamut colours. No real way that I know of to turn that off.

hope this makes a bit of sense

rich: www.gimp-forum.net