RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Crash after new install

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Crash after new install Cahjr 16 Jan 15:01
  Crash after new install Cahjr 16 Jan 15:11
2019-01-16 15:01:10 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Crash after new install

I just updated (not uninstall first) from Gimp 2.08 to 2.10 on a Win32bit Win7 machine. After running the install program this popped on the screen. Gimp 2.08 was running before without crashing.

If any suggestions can be had, i'll listen; because I deleted the old Gimp 2.08 install program, so I cannot revert back to the older version, unless it is still available from any download site.

I have an attached screenshot ... thanks

2019-01-16 15:11:01 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Crash after new install

I just updated (not uninstall first) from Gimp 2.08 to 2.10 on a Win32bit Win7 machine. After running the install program this popped on the screen. Gimp 2.08 was running before without crashing.

If any suggestions can be had, i'll listen; because I deleted the old Gimp 2.08 install program, so I cannot revert back to the older version, unless it is still available from any download site.

I have an attached screenshot ... thanks

Ok I just clicked the "OK" button in the popup box, and GIMP 2.10 loaded up and is running ....

And I just assumed (like an idiot) that this was a usual Windows crash that would stop GIMP from running ... You guys did an awesome job of app recovery coding ... most of the time, a crash like this; and your stuck with software that is broke ...