RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Installing guides Lab (.)py

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Installing guides Lab (.)py knowthyself 17 Nov 12:15
  Installing guides Lab (.)py rich404 17 Nov 12:41
   Installing guides Lab (.)py knowthyself 17 Nov 12:46
    Installing guides Lab (.)py rich404 17 Nov 13:29
    Installing guides Lab (.)py rich404 17 Nov 14:29
2018-11-17 12:15:02 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Hello

My problem is I wanted to install a plugin called Guides Lab.

I have installed many Plugins in the past but I can not seem to get this one working. On the website, he said it should work and others have confirmed.

I have tried the Data folder and the programs files folder as well... but does not seem to be working.

On the gimp start screen, even one of the files seems to be loading in but it doesn't show up under Images -> Guides -> Lab Guides.

Anything silly I am doing wrong?

Windows 10 / Gimp 2.10.08

rich404
2018-11-17 12:41:59 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hello

My problem is I wanted to install a plugin called Guides Lab.

I have installed many Plugins in the past but I can not seem to get this one working. On the website, he said it should work and others have confirmed.

I have tried the Data folder and the programs files folder as well... but does not seem to be working.

On the gimp start screen, even one of the files seems to be loading in but it doesn't show up under Images -> Guides -> Lab Guides.

Anything silly I am doing wrong?

Windows 10 / Gimp 2.10.08

You are not doing anything wrong, many (most) of Arakne's plugins are not compatible with gimp.org Windows Gimp 2.10 version of python.

Works ok in linux, works with the partha version (although looks like problems with menu icons on that 2.10.8 version )

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2018-11-17 12:46:20 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

You are not doing anything wrong, many (most) of Arakne's plugins are not compatible with gimp.org Windows Gimp 2.10 version of python.

Works ok in linux, works with the partha version (although looks like problems with menu icons on that 2.10.8 version )

Thank you for the hastily reply, I thought I was going crazy :)

That is a shame since he even wrote himself on his website that he tried it out on windows 7 with gimp 2.10...

I posted on his website maybe he has some insight.

Thank you again!

Daniel

rich404
2018-11-17 13:29:44 UTC (over 5 years ago)

That is a shame since he even wrote himself on his website that he tried it out on windows 7 with gimp 2.10...

I posted on his website maybe he has some insight.

Thank you again!

Daniel

Tried again in a Win 7 64 bit VM - same result. If you run Gimp from a terminal with the --verbose switch you can see the plugin files show an error.

An alternative is the old Gimp-Atelier plugin. The only one I know of that as well as setting multiple guides, will also save them. Adjusted for Gimp 2.10. If you want to try it see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Export-image-with-guides?pid=11224#pid11224

rich404
2018-11-17 14:29:34 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Best guess with that and considering the date. The first stable windows Gimp 2.10 was 64 bit only, used python 2.7.5 (64bit)

that works: see screenshot

The current dual 64/32 Windows installer uses python 2.7.15 (32bit) for both 'flavours' - some python scripts do not work, unfortunately that includes guides-lab.