RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Removing a filter from Gimp Menu knowthyself 15 Nov 22:51
  Removing a filter from Gimp Menu programmer_ceds 16 Nov 10:49
   Removing a filter from Gimp Menu knowthyself 17 Nov 10:16
    Removing a filter from Gimp Menu rich404 17 Nov 10:47
     Removing a filter from Gimp Menu rich404 17 Nov 10:51
      Removing a filter from Gimp Menu knowthyself 17 Nov 10:58
       Removing a filter from Gimp Menu programmer_ceds 17 Nov 19:55
     Removing a filter from Gimp Menu knowthyself 17 Nov 10:57
2018-11-15 22:51:29 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Hello, Gimp world,

So I have come to a point where I know my workflow and certain filter I in no way need...

Is there a way to remove certain filters which are built into gimp?

I tried looking through the files but with no success. (I tried to locate the filter 'Coffee stain', as a test.)

Any help and guidance would be very welcome.

Windows 10 - Gimp 2.10.8

Thx

2018-11-16 10:49:25 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

The particular filter that you mention is provided by ...\gimp\share\2.0\scripts\coffee.scm (where you need to put the appropriate path to replace the ...). Deleting this file will remove the filter - although it will reappear next time you reinstall GIMP.

The question is why bother? The script file itself is only 3 KB, so doesn't take much disk space. Why not just ignore it if you don't want to use it?

Hello, Gimp world,

So I have come to a point where I know my workflow and certain filter I in no way need...

Is there a way to remove certain filters which are built into gimp?

I tried looking through the files but with no success. (I tried to locate the filter 'Coffee stain', as a test.)

Any help and guidance would be very welcome.

Windows 10 - Gimp 2.10.8

Thx

2018-11-17 10:16:10 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

The particular filter that you mention is provided by ...\gimp\share\2.0\scripts\coffee.scm (where you need to put the appropriate path to replace the ...). Deleting this file will remove the filter - although it will reappear next time you reinstall GIMP.

The question is why bother? The script file itself is only 3 KB, so doesn't take much disk space. Why not just ignore it if you don't want to use it?

Hello

Thanks for the reply,

To answer your question I have been using Gimp now for 6 years Professionally and at some point, you know exactly what you need and use. I guess in some way I also just love customizing my things on my PC. (Example: Got rid of the shortcut arrow on desktop apps by changing the registry ^^).

Anyways thank you for your reply and have an awesome day.

Daniel

rich404
2018-11-17 10:47:57 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hello

Thanks for the reply,

To answer your question I have been using Gimp now for 6 years Professionally and at some point, you know exactly what you need and use. I guess in some way I also just love customizing my things on my PC. (Example: Got rid of the shortcut arrow on desktop apps by changing the registry ^^).

Anyways thank you for your reply and have an awesome day.

Daniel

No need to delete anything, renaming the script so it does end in .scm stops Gimp loading it and it is still there if needed in the future.

A better way is investigate using a resources manager where scripts can be loaded as required. Would need a bit of work to move stock scripts out into a User folder but is possible.

A resources manager? - one here - addonCollectionManager-3.0.py - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/ about 40 down the list.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

rich404
2018-11-17 10:51:23 UTC (over 5 years ago)

No need to delete anything, renaming the script so it does end in .scm

typo: that should of course be does not end in .scm

have a good day

2018-11-17 10:57:12 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

No need to delete anything, renaming the script so it does end in .scm stops Gimp loading it and it is still there if needed in the future.

A better way is investigate using a resources manager where scripts can be loaded as required. Would need a bit of work to move stock scripts out into a User folder but is possible.

A resources manager? - one here - addonCollectionManager-3.0.py - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/ about 40 down the list.

Thank you :)

I will give ít a shot, it would be my first time using such a tool and I wouldn't know where to start, I am sure google will be my friend.

At this point a feel a bit silly for even trying all of this ^^

Hope all is well

Daniel

2018-11-17 10:58:19 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

typo: that should of course be does not end in .scm

have a good day

I figured that was the case. I thought about this as well.

:)

2018-11-17 19:55:34 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

You could just write a batch file (.BAT) to rename or delete the scripts (Script-Fu or Python) that you don't want. Add extra files to it when you find another script that you don't want. Then simply run the batch file whenever you update GIMP and the scripts have reappeared.