RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

transparency puzzle

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

transparency puzzle Roy_Pittman 14 Nov 19:59
  transparency puzzle Roy_Pittman 14 Nov 20:34
2018-11-14 19:59:52 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

transparency puzzle

I am presently unable to do something I have done many times. It is embarrassing but: 1) I have a scan that is in grayscale. I want to keep the black "text" and make the white background transparent. 2) I t has only one layer.
3)I have added an alpha channel.
4) The "color to alpha" remains grayed out! 5) I am stuck here. I want to send the background color (approximately white) to alpha channel.

I have sent a screenshot. I am obviously missing something. Any suggestions?

2018-11-14 20:34:06 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

transparency puzzle

I am presently unable to do something I have done many times. It is embarrassing but:
1) I have a scan that is in grayscale. I want to keep the black "text" and make the white background transparent. 2) I t has only one layer.
3)I have added an alpha channel.
4) The "color to alpha" remains grayed out! 5) I am stuck here. I want to send the background color (approximately white) to alpha channel.

I have sent a screenshot. I am obviously missing something. Any suggestions?

I found the problem. Apparently no alpha channel in grayscale mode. Made it RGB and it became workable! Who knew? I didn't but do now.