RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Guide every X pixels?

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Guide every X pixels? Oorca 12 Nov 06:10
  Guide every X pixels? rich404 12 Nov 08:45
2018-11-12 06:10:28 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Guide every X pixels?

Hi all, new member here!

Sorry if this question posts twice, my connection seemed to crash first time posting, and I'm pretty sure I've checked it hasn't posted.

Anyhoo, I just upgraded from GIMP 2.7 to GIMP 2.10, and seem to have lost the ability to place a guide line every x pixels. Now I had GIMP installed a very long time, and in all honesty I can't remember if it came with that option or if I downloaded a plug-in/script to make it possible, but I don't have it anymore, and can't seem to google a solution today. I thought I found a link, but it just pointed to a 404.

I just use GIMP for making little 8-bit retro game scenes, so whilst I've used it a while, I really don't know most of GIMP's features sadly, which is why I need you awesome people. If it helps, the way I like to work is to have my grid visible and set to 1px by 1px dashed so it's easy to see each pixel (usually in a light grey), then I add a darker grey solid guide line every 8 pixels horizontally and vertically. If you guys know of a better way to set something like that up/or can help in anyway, that'd really help! Right now I'm looking at having to place 60 guide lines by hand and it's not very appealing, lol!

Thanks in advance all, and sorry if my previous post shows up as well - like I say i've refreshed and signed in with incognito and it seems like it definitely didn't post. Thanks again!

rich404
2018-11-12 08:45:11 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Guide every X pixels?

Anyhoo, I just upgraded from GIMP 2.7 to GIMP 2.10, and seem to have lost the ability to place a guide line every x pixels. Now I had GIMP installed a very long time, and in all honesty I can't remember if it came with that option or if I downloaded a plug-in/script to make it possible, but I don't have it anymore, and can't seem to google a solution today.

You will find a script, guides-grid.scm on this post

http://www.gimpusers.com/mailmsg.php?90849%40forums.gimpusers.com

Set it up as the attached screenshot, ie. for no guides in one direction, spacing greater than length of side

Since you come from Gimp 2.8 the place for scripts in Gimp 2.10 is now the hidden folder.

C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

rich: www.gimp-forum.net