RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Button Bar not responding

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Button Bar not responding knowthyself 05 Nov 15:57
  Button Bar not responding knowthyself 05 Nov 16:19
2018-11-05 15:57:24 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Hello Gimp Family,

So I have been having this issue where if I try and use the buttons on the 'button bar' underneath the layers dialog they only seem to be responding once. As in if I try and duplicate a layer or delete one I am only able to click the button once and after the that it is not responsive.

After that, I need to click within an area within the layer dialog again and then I am able to use the button bar once again.

This isn't a freezing or lock up, its more like you click out of a window and have to click back in again in order to interact with it again.

This is quite annoying when you are trying to add multiple layer duplicates and other such function.

Specs: Windows 10, Gimp Version 2.10.06, dual monitor (For gimp I only use one side)

Thanks in advance! Daniel

2018-11-05 16:19:13 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

New Info:

So I have figured something out....

If the layer dialog bar is a certain height the button bar seems to work just fine, under a certain height the problem below occurs. So if I move up the dock below the layer dialog everything works fine.

Any ideas what can be done? (As in who I can make aware of this issue.)

I added an image to explain better - If the read is too long the buttons do not work - If I rise the blow below it the buttons do work.

Thanks again.

Hello Gimp Family,

So I have been having this issue where if I try and use the buttons on the 'button bar' underneath the layers dialog they only seem to be responding once. As in if I try and duplicate a layer or delete one I am only able to click the button once and after the that it is not responsive.

After that, I need to click within an area within the layer dialog again and then I am able to use the button bar once again.

This isn't a freezing or lock up, its more like you click out of a window and have to click back in again in order to interact with it again.

This is quite annoying when you are trying to add multiple layer duplicates and other such function.

Specs: Windows 10, Gimp Version 2.10.06, dual monitor (For gimp I only use one side)

Thanks in advance! Daniel