RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Issues

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Issues JRGOSHE 31 Oct 16:15
  Gimp Issues rich404 31 Oct 18:06
   Gimp Issues JRGOSHE 31 Oct 20:31
    Gimp Issues rich404 01 Nov 07:58
2018-10-31 16:15:24 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Gimp Issues

I have been using gimp for years. I recently noticed in 2.8.22 that my tools are not working properly. For instance, my ellipse select tool does not let me draw a circle and when it does, it stops and selects an area before I'm done dragging to make it larger. I also cannot move the circle then as it just disappears. This is happening with scissors too as I can't drag the points where I want them. It's all haywire. I then upgraded to the new gimp 2.10.6 but the same thing is happening. Any suggestions?? I'm pretty desperate as I have a client waiting on pictures. I an running this on Windows 10.

Thanks!! jrgoshe

rich404
2018-10-31 18:06:39 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Gimp Issues

I have been using gimp for years. I recently noticed in 2.8.22 that my tools are not working properly. For instance, my ellipse select tool does not let me draw a circle and when it does, it stops and selects an area before I'm done dragging to make it larger. I also cannot move the circle then as it just disappears. This is happening with scissors too as I can't drag the points where I want them. It's all haywire. I then upgraded to the new gimp 2.10.6 but the same thing is happening. Any suggestions?? I'm pretty desperate as I have a client waiting on pictures. I an running this on Windows 10.

Thanks!! jrgoshe

Try a clean Gimp 2.10 profile.

Disable the old Gimp 2.8 profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8 be renaming to say, C:\Users\your-name\.ggimp-2.8

This prevents Gimp 2.10 migrating old settings and resources to the new Gimp profile.

Delete the existing Gimp 2.10 profile folder C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10

Start Gimp 2.10 to create a new default Gimp profile.

2018-10-31 20:31:54 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Gimp Issues

Thank you!! I made it through step one of renaming the Gimp 2.8 profile, but the next step I can't quite get... There is no AppData under C:/Users/your-name... There is a Roaming, but in there is no Gimp/2.0. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Try a clean Gimp 2.10 profile.

Disable the old Gimp 2.8 profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8 be renaming to say, C:\Users\your-name\.ggimp-2.8

This prevents Gimp 2.10 migrating old settings and resources to the new Gimp profile.

Delete the existing Gimp 2.10 profile folder C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10

Start Gimp 2.10 to create a new default Gimp profile.

rich404
2018-11-01 07:58:23 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Gimp Issues

Thank you!! I made it through step one of renaming the Gimp 2.8 profile, but the next step I can't quite get... There is no AppData under C:/Users/your-name... There is a Roaming, but in there is no Gimp/2.0. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Appdata is a Windows hidden folder see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10