RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

DVD cover template

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

DVD cover template ActionMan24267 17 May 11:43
  DVD cover template rich404 17 May 14:02
2018-05-17 11:43:27 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

DVD cover template

I would like to create a DVD cover template and have saved the width and height of the DVD template in Gimp 2.10 but I am unable to create the spine of the DVD. How do I go about doing this. I have checked online and also in the help section of Gimp 2.10. The info I have found I do not think is for Gimp 2.10. The info I have tried to action but can't is the following:

Drag a bar from the left hand side of the screen (circled in red) 5 3/32 inches from the left of your image, as well as 5 3/32 inches from the right of your image, as shown. This creates a divider.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can create this divider (the spine of the DVD) in Gimp 2.10

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

rich404
2018-05-17 14:02:45 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

DVD cover template

I would like to create a DVD cover template and have saved the width and height of the DVD template in Gimp 2.10 but I am unable to create the spine of the DVD. How do I go about doing this. I have checked online and also in the help section of Gimp 2.10. The info I have found I do not think is for Gimp 2.10. The info I have tried to action but can't is the following:

Drag a bar from the left hand side of the screen (circled in red) 5 3/32 inches from the left of your image, as well as 5 3/32 inches from the right of your image, as shown. This creates a divider.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can create this divider (the spine of the DVD)
in Gimp 2.10

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Guessing 'drag a bar' refers to setting a guide in place.

Are you going to get these commercially printed? If so you need to ask the printer for their requirements.

Printing at home? The attached Gimp template fits US letter size (just) You can see how it is built up in layers. Some that you turn off before printing. This has a ppi setting of 300 ppi suitable for quality printing. Note Gimp is a raster editor and works in pixels not inches although real world units can be displayed.