RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Error message when running GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Error message when running GIMP Frank McCormick 17 Jan 21:54
  cEPueDjRj1rZzcEPwe1XWE@vide... 18 Jan 21:45
   Error message when running GIMP Frank McCormick 18 Jan 21:29
  Error message when running GIMP Kevin Cozens 18 Jan 17:55
Frank McCormick
2018-01-17 21:54:58 UTC (about 6 years ago)

I've noticed lately a string of error messages everytime I start GIMP.

Here's just 2 of them...my .xsession-errors log has about 30 of them.

(gimp:24972): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error GIMP-Error: Plug-in "script-fu"
(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu) attempted to register the menu item "/File/Create/FX-Foundry/Logos" for procedure "script-fu-blood-logo". The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path.  To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

GIMP-Error: Plug-in "script-fu" (/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu) attempted to register the menu item "/File/Create/FX-Foundry/Logos/" for procedure "script-fu-fiery-steel".
The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path.  To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

It seems the errors don't affect anything. Everything still works in GIMP

Kevin Cozens
2018-01-18 17:55:45 UTC (about 6 years ago)

On 2018-01-17 04:54 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:

[snip]

(gimp:24972): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error GIMP-Error: Plug-in "script-fu"
(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu) attempted to register the menu item "/File/Create/FX-Foundry/Logos" for procedure "script-fu-blood-logo". The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path. To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

You have some old Script-Fu scripts in your installation of GIMP. The script-fu-register block should only provide the name of the script and the menu entry used to run the script. Where the menu entry is to appear (ie. the path to it) is given in a script-fu-menu-register block.

Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include  |             --Chris Hardwick
Frank McCormick
2018-01-18 21:29:51 UTC (about 6 years ago)

On 01/18/2018 12:55 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:

On 2018-01-17 04:54 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:

[snip]

(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu) attempted to register the menu item "/File/Create/FX-Foundry/Logos" for procedure "script-fu-blood-logo".
The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path.  To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

You have some old Script-Fu scripts in your installation of GIMP. The script-fu-register block should only provide the name of the script and the menu entry used to run the script. Where the menu entry is to appear (ie. the path to it) is given in a script-fu-menu-register block.

That was the problem. The scripts were from 2006-2007 for a much older version of GIMP.

Didn't use any very much anyway.

Thanks