RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Buy Full Version?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Buy Full Version? mistiaya 10 Jul 15:56
  Buy Full Version? rich2005 10 Jul 17:19
   Buy Full Version? mistiaya 11 Jul 14:28
    Buy Full Version? rich2005 11 Jul 14:59
  Buy Full Version? NicoleJLapp 15 Jul 09:55
2017-07-10 15:56:58 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Buy Full Version?

How do I buy the full version of Gimp? I noticed several actions are grayed out.

rich2005
2017-07-10 17:19:45 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Buy Full Version?

How do I buy the full version of Gimp? I noticed several actions are grayed out.

There is no **full** version of Gimp, regardless of operating system, Gimp is free-open-source-software (FOSS)

Providing you get your Gimp installer from www.gimp.org the version of Gimp you have will be the most recent.

If you have anything called GimpShop or similar, **dump it** straight away, it contains dubious 'advertising extras' and install the official version from www.gimp.org

Back to the question. The reason for some menu entries grayed out

You do not have an image open

The active image is in indexed or grayscale color mode - change to RGB use Image -> Mode

The action requires transparency - an alpha channel. use Layers -> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel.

There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-07-11 14:28:13 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Buy Full Version?

While I appreciate your answer and the information, I don't think it was necessary to say "There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.". I am new to Gimp and I had a question. There is no need to talk down to me.

Thank you.

There is no **full** version of Gimp, regardless of operating system, Gimp is free-open-source-software (FOSS)

Providing you get your Gimp installer from www.gimp.org the version of Gimp you have will be the most recent.

If you have anything called GimpShop or similar, **dump it** straight away, it contains dubious 'advertising extras' and install the official version from www.gimp.org

Back to the question. The reason for some menu entries grayed out

You do not have an image open

The active image is in indexed or grayscale color mode - change to RGB use Image -> Mode

The action requires transparency - an alpha channel. use Layers -> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel.

There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.

rich2005
2017-07-11 14:59:49 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Buy Full Version?

While I appreciate your answer and the information, I don't think it was necessary to say "There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.". I am new to Gimp and I had a question. There is no need to talk down to me.

Certainly not talking down to you. Remember in the future, when you come across the same **this-does-not-work** and it will happen. Could be using Gimp, could be Photoshop.. or anything.

Always suspect yourself first. I have used since Gimp 2.2 (2004) and seen most things. If something goes wrong the first thing I suspect is....me.

2021-07-15 09:55:58 UTC (over 2 years ago)
postings

Buy Full Version?

It's good products. But now I am not interested in this, because I like to use https://productz.com/en/microsoft-xbox/p/Zgx2. I am using this for more years, It's going on well.