RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Crashes 2.8.x crashes on Copy and Paste randomly every few minutes (RAM not faulty, already tested)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2016-12-21 10:26:35 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Gimp Crashes 2.8.x crashes on Copy and Paste randomly every few minutes (RAM not faulty, already tested)

Hello everyone,

Big fan of this project! Anyway, I'm on GIMP 2.8 and I'm using it with XFCE in Arch linux x64 with multi lib support.

I have z170 mobo with 6700k, nVidia GTX 1080 with 32GB RAM. Using proprietary GPU driver. I've tested the RAM with both the vanilla Windows RAM testing utility as well as memtest x86 and memtest x86+. Passed all of the above.

I have this GIMP bug that I've not seen on any of my other linux builds: copy and paste works properly about 19/20 times and wil cause a crash randomly every 10 to 20 minutes.

Any advice on how I should go about troubleshooting this bug, log files I should put up here or perhaps read through? What I should look for in log files?

Michael Schumacher
2016-12-21 15:05:30 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 12/21/2016 11:26 AM, thebunnyrules wrote:

Any advice on how I should go about troubleshooting this bug, log files I should put up here or perhaps read through? What I should look for in log files?

Do you use a clipboard manager?

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
2016-12-22 02:30:21 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Do you use a clipboard manager?

Yes, I do: I use CopyQ. I just disabled it and the crashes are gone. I guess it's conflicting with GIMP. I'm going to make a bug report with them. Can you tell me where I can find the gimp crash report logs so that I can attach it to my bug report?

2017-01-23 04:33:29 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Yes, I do: I use CopyQ. I just disabled it and the crashes are gone. I guess it's conflicting with GIMP. I'm going to make a bug report with them. Can you tell me where I can find the gimp crash report logs so that I can attach it to my bug report?

Just an update, the crashing stopped when I disabled image clipping in my clipboard manager and has not returned. I guess CopyQ it just wasn't made to handle large images. Thought I'd let you guys know.