RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cropping

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cropping Marvin Winitsky 25 Jul 19:29
  Cropping Ross Martinek 25 Jul 20:06
Marvin Winitsky
2016-07-25 19:29:08 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Cropping

Hi, Experts,

I just learned how to drag a photo into the main editing screen in GIMP (for Mac), but now, I need to know (step-by-step) how to crop the picture’s edges, save the changes, and return the finished product to my photo folder on my Mac. Can someone please explain/show me how to do this without too much technical detail? I’d be most grateful.

Marvin

Ross Martinek
2016-07-25 20:06:28 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Cropping

Look for the tool icon that looks like a large X-acto blade knife. Click and drag in the picture to select the part you want. Once you release the mouse button, the edges and corners of the selected area are click-and-drag-able for fine adjustment. Hit enter when satisfied to accept changes. Then choose “File” menu, “Overwrite ” which will replace the original (NOT UNDOABLE!) or “File” menu, “Export as …” and choose your options and locations in the resulting dialog.

Ross

On Jul 25, 2016, at 2:29 PM, Marvin Winitsky wrote:

Hi, Experts,

I just learned how to drag a photo into the main editing screen in GIMP (for Mac), but now, I need to know (step-by-step) how to crop the picture’s edges, save the changes, and return the finished product to my photo folder on my Mac. Can someone please explain/show me how to do this without too much technical detail? I’d be most grateful.

Marvin _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list