RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp 2.0.4

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp 2.0.4 Alf C Stockton 22 Aug 16:54
  gimp 2.0.4 Tom Williams 22 Aug 16:23
  gimp 2.0.4 Sven Neumann 22 Aug 18:35
   gimp 2.0.4 Alf C Stockton 23 Aug 10:38
Tom Williams
2004-08-22 16:23:39 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp 2.0.4

Alf C Stockton wrote:

2) Text tool in the new gimp does not give me the option to select fonts or
text size or colour. Again please tell me what I have missed?

I'm also running Gimp 2.0.4 on Slackware (Slack 8) and the new text tool DOES allow you to select fonts and text size and color.

Take a look at this screenshot:

http://gimp.org/screenshots/linux_screenshot2.png

Below the toolbox we're all used to, you'll see the settings for the text tool, since the text tool is selected in the toolbox. "Alternativ for Text" is the the "title" of this area in the screenshot.

The "Typsnitt" field in the screenshot is for choosing the desired font. In English, that would read "Font".

The "Storlek" field in the screenshot is for choosing the desired font size. In English, that would read "Size".

The "Farg" field in the screenshot is for choosing the desired font color. In English, that would read "Color".

And so on.... SO, when if you see the text tool settings tab/dialog appear similar to the screenshot above when you choose the text tool, then you should be able to do everything you want there. I've changed my Gimp installation to have the options tabs for the tools appear in the same dialog as the layers tab, which is in a separate dialog.

Peace...

Tom

Alf C Stockton
2004-08-22 16:54:49 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp 2.0.4

On my Slackware 9.1+ system with kernel 2.4.26 I have just upgraded to Gimp 2.0.4 and have the following issue.
1) Unless I am being stupid this later version of Gimp seems to have made all the tutorials resident at www.gimp.org/tutorials redundant. I do not know enough about the new environment to repair this else I would volunteer. 2) Text tool in the new gimp does not give me the option to select fonts or text size or colour. Again please tell me what I have missed?

---

Regards, Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za

All theoretical chemistry is really physics; and all theoretical chemists know it. -- Richard P. Feynman

Sven Neumann
2004-08-22 18:35:35 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp 2.0.4

Hi,

Alf C Stockton writes:

1) Unless I am being stupid this later version of Gimp seems to have made all the tutorials resident at www.gimp.org/tutorials redundant. I do not know enough about the new environment to repair this else I would volunteer.

I don't think the tutorials are redundant. A lot of them have already been updated for GIMP 2.0, some of them still need to be changed. If you want to help, the web-page is in CVS (module gimp-web) and there's a mailing-list (gimp-web) that you could subscribe to and offer your help.

2) Text tool in the new gimp does not give me the option to select fonts or text size or colour. Again please tell me what I have missed?

You missed the tool options.

Sven

Alf C Stockton
2004-08-23 10:38:26 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp 2.0.4

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

2) Text tool in the new gimp does not give me the option to select fonts or text size or colour. Again please tell me what I have missed?

You missed the tool options.

I am sorry, I made the standard stupid user mistake of only RTFM after asking the question.
In the 2.0 help it says double click the ext icon on the main menu and all is made clear.

---

Regards, Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za

"Two sure ways to tell a sexy male; the first is, he has a bad memory. I forget the second."