RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question about settings colors with the Text Tool in gimp 2.0.4

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question about settings colors with the Text Tool in gimp 2.0.4 Tom Williams 21 Aug 21:37
  Question about settings colors with the Text Tool in gimp 2.0.4 Sven Neumann 22 Aug 00:14
  Question about settings colors with the Text Tool in gimp 2.0.4 Carol Spears 22 Aug 03:09
Tom Williams
2004-08-21 21:37:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I'm running Gimp 2.0.4 on Linux and I've got an image with some colored text loaded and I want to create a new image with different text with the same color. So, here is what I do:

1. Load the image with the colored text 2. Use the color chooser tool to choose the color of the text 3. Create a new image with black background 4. Choose the text tool

At this point, the color I chose using the color chooser tool has changed to black.

5. I repeat step #2 above 6. I repeat step #4 above

Now, I'm stuck in a manual "loop". :) So, I figured once I choose the color of the text using the color chooser, I can double click the box with the current foreground color to open the "Change Foreground Color" box and leave it open. Then I choose the text tool and drag the color from the "Change Foreground Color" dialog to the color box in the text tool and now I can create the new text with the desired color.

Is there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Peace...

Tom

Sven Neumann
2004-08-22 00:14:42 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Tom Williams writes:

I'm running Gimp 2.0.4 on Linux and I've got an image with some colored text loaded and I want to create a new image with different text with the same color. So, here is what I do:

1. Load the image with the colored text 2. Use the color chooser tool to choose the color of the text 3. Create a new image with black background 4. Choose the text tool

At this point, the color I chose using the color chooser tool has changed to black.

That's a known bug, the color shouldn't change at all. It's fixed in the 2.1 series but the fix hasn't been backported to 2.0 yet.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-08-22 03:09:40 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 12:37:32PM -0700, Tom Williams wrote:

5. I repeat step #2 above 6. I repeat step #4 above

Now, I'm stuck in a manual "loop". :) So, I figured once I choose the color of the text using the color chooser, I can double click the box with the current foreground color to open the "Change Foreground Color" box and leave it open. Then I choose the text tool and drag the color from the "Change Foreground Color" dialog to the color box in the text tool and now I can create the new text with the desired color.

Is there an easier way of doing this?

double click on the color block at the bottom of the toolbox. you can put the color into a memory there while you work the rest of it out :)

carol