RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Line thisckness is eps files

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Line thisckness is eps files Niels van Bakel 20 Aug 19:29
Line thisckness is eps files William Skaggs 20 Aug 22:29
Niels van Bakel
2004-08-20 19:29:59 UTC (over 19 years ago)

How do you increase the line thickness of an object in an eps file? I use the select tool to get the object I want to edit. I can use grow and than fill the enlarged object. Is there a better way to do this?

Niels

William Skaggs
2004-08-20 22:29:02 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Niels van Bakel wrote:

How do you increase the line thickness of an object in an eps file? I use the select tool to get the object I want to edit. I can use grow and than fill the enlarged object. Is there a better way to do this?

The eps format is not really suitable for this sort of thing: it was designed as an output format for a finished product, not as a format for things that would be modified in the future. It can, however, be done. An eps file is an ascii file, and can be edited in any text editor. If you are lucky, somewhere in the file there is a line that looks like

5 setlinewidth

and you can change the line width by editing that line. If you're not lucky, the line width is set by some fancy unreadable macro defined in the header, and modifying it will be a real pain. It all depends on what program generated the file.

Best, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu