RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Path Tool Won't Curve

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Path Tool Won't Curve 1Bluefur 24 Sep 21:03
  Gimp Path Tool Won't Curve Simon Budig 24 Sep 21:07
2013-09-24 21:03:30 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postings

Hello, I've been having some issues with the path tool as of late. But this is the biggest one yet. I had actually just used it to render something, and went to create a new path to continue my picture. However, the path tool decided it doesn't like to curve anymore so when I click on the line it simply moves the object. I didn't change any settings between finishing my first path and starting the second. It is still in design mode.

I've also wanted to ask if it is possible to link two anchors together when one of the anchors in question is in a complete path. Like, say I have three lines and anchors forming a triangle, shouldn't I be able to link a new anchor to one of the existing ones? Because I sure as heck can't.

Of course solving my issue is my propriety here, but if anyone is kind enough to also answer my question that would be fantastic.

Simon Budig
2013-09-24 21:07:16 UTC (over 10 years ago)

1Bluefur (forums@gimpusers.com) wrote:

However, the path tool decided it doesn't like to curve anymore so when I click on the line it simply moves the object. I didn't change any settings between finishing my first path and starting the second. It is still in design mode.

Is the "polygonal" checkbox active? If it is this is the reason for that behaviour.

I've also wanted to ask if it is possible to link two anchors together when one of the anchors in question is in a complete path.

No, unfortunately not.

Bye, Simon

simon@budig.de              http://simon.budig.de/