RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-help snapshots

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-help snapshots Roman Joost 16 Aug 13:56
  gimp-help snapshots Sven Neumann 16 Aug 16:16
878ycf9mha.fsf@gimp.org 07 Oct 20:16
  gimp-help snapshots Roman Joost 16 Aug 16:57
Roman Joost
2004-08-16 13:56:35 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp-help snapshots

I was thinking about the help releases today, which Sven made everytime.

In my opinion, it would make sense, to create gimp-help snapshots besides GIMP releases. I'm not entirely sure, if there is time between the GIMP releases, to create additional snapshots. At least for the user I guess, it'll be nice if the GIMP package is released also with other packages. What you guys think about?

Greetings,

Sven Neumann
2004-08-16 16:16:10 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp-help snapshots

Hi,

Roman Joost writes:

I was thinking about the help releases today, which Sven made everytime.

In my opinion, it would make sense, to create gimp-help snapshots besides GIMP releases. I'm not entirely sure, if there is time between the GIMP releases, to create additional snapshots. At least for the user I guess, it'll be nice if the GIMP package is released also with other packages. What you guys think about?

Roman, I am sorry but I don't understand what exactly you suggest we do. Do you suggest that we couple gimp releases and gimp-help-2 releases? I don't think that's a good idea simply because doing a GIMP release is a lot of work already. I usually start doing them in the evening and I often end up getting to bed late at night or even early in the morning. Putting more stuff on this schedule doesn't seem to be doable.

What we can easily do is to make sure that a recent gimp-help-2 snapshot is available whenever a GIMP release is made. Usually a stable release is announced a few days beforehand on the gimp-developer list. We can then roll a gimp-help-2 tarball and announce it together with the GIMP release.

Sven

PS: Doesn't this belong to the gimp-docs list actually?

Roman Joost
2004-08-16 16:57:07 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp-help snapshots

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 04:38:41PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

PS: Doesn't this belong to the gimp-docs list actually?

Thought so - why not?

Just wondering why you sent it to the gimp-user list in the first place then.

Eeek! I thought I sent it to gimp-docs. Sorry...

Greetings,