RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Plugin Question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

16 of 16 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Plugin Question Gail 13 Aug 03:23
  Plugin Question Carol Spears 13 Aug 03:50
   Plugin Question Gail 13 Aug 05:11
    Plugin Question Carol Spears 13 Aug 08:10
     Plugin Question David Hodson 13 Aug 18:53
      Plugin Question Carol Spears 13 Aug 19:49
      Plugin Question Gail 13 Aug 20:37
       Plugin Question David Hodson 14 Aug 03:36
        Plugin Question Gail 14 Aug 05:12
         Plugin Question Sven Neumann 14 Aug 11:25
         Plugin Question David Hodson 14 Aug 12:52
          Plugin Question Gail 15 Aug 00:11
           Plugin Question Sven Neumann 15 Aug 02:05
        Plugin Question Gail 15 Aug 00:12
     Plugin Question Sven Neumann 14 Aug 01:48
      Plugin Question Carol Spears 14 Aug 02:30
Gail
2004-08-13 03:23:16 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

Greetings,

Has anyone had any luck installing a plugin called Multitile? It's a terrazzo tile plugin that's described as being similar to Xaos Tools Terrazzo plugin, but I can't get it to install correctly. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Peace,
Gail

Carol Spears
2004-08-13 03:50:24 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:23:16PM -0700, Gail wrote:

Greetings,

Has anyone had any luck installing a plugin called Multitile? It's a terrazzo tile plugin that's described as being similar to Xaos Tools Terrazzo plugin, but I can't get it to install correctly. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

do you have a location of this plug-in. it is (unfortunately) the first time i have heard about it.

carol

Gail
2004-08-13 05:11:14 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:50 pm, Carol Spears wrote:

Greetings,

do you have a location of this plug-in. it is (unfortunately) the first time i have heard about it.

carol

Hi Carol,

Got it at http://registry.gimp.org/list?name=multitile

It says it's for Gimp 1.0 so maybe it's just not going to work. When I used the gimptool-2.0 command it threw so many errors that you could write a book (and I will post them if it will help).

I am using Debian Linux kernel 2.6.6 and KDE 3.2

Thanks, Gail

Carol Spears
2004-08-13 08:10:52 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:11:14PM -0700, Gail wrote:

On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:50 pm, Carol Spears wrote:

Greetings,

Got it at http://registry.gimp.org/list?name=multitile

It says it's for Gimp 1.0 so maybe it's just not going to work. When I used the gimptool-2.0 command it threw so many errors that you could write a book (and I will post them if it will help).

I am using Debian Linux kernel 2.6.6 and KDE 3.2

okay, that is funny. i really need to spend sometime with the registry again ;}

gimp-1.0, gimp-1.2 and gimp-2.0 and now even gimp-2.1 are all very very different beasts from each other. i cannot imagine that a gimp-1 plug-in would easily work with any of the newer ones.

kde and gimp work fine together, except occasionally with window focus and theme issues -- things like this are to be expected, just keep your eye out for that.

perhaps your recent interest in this plug-in will magically cause it to be updated for gimp2, i dunno.

carol

David Hodson
2004-08-13 18:53:03 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

Carol Spears wrote:

Has anyone had any luck installing a plugin called Multitile?

perhaps your recent interest in this plug-in will magically cause it to be updated for gimp2, i dunno.

It could happen.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/Multitile.c

Carol Spears
2004-08-13 19:49:22 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 02:53:03AM +1000, David Hodson wrote:

Carol Spears wrote:

It could happen.

thank you very very much. it will be a great exercise with everyones new gimptool to start to learn to install these new plug-ins that are popping up all over the place for gimp2 to use.

thanks again :)

carol

Gail
2004-08-13 20:37:21 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Friday 13 August 2004 09:53 am, David Hodson wrote:

Carol Spears wrote:

It could happen.

I am hoping that it will, I make all of my own terrazzo-type tiles by hand now, a very time consuming effort when I bother (no Carol, you don't need to tell me how to do it faster and more efficiently ;-).

This file linked above was the same as the original I grabbed off of the Plug-in Registry.

Thanks for the encouraging word! Gail

Sven Neumann
2004-08-14 01:48:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

gimp-1.0, gimp-1.2 and gimp-2.0 and now even gimp-2.1 are all very very different beasts from each other.

gimp-2.1 is backward compatible with gimp-2.0 and all plug-ins compiled for gimp-2.0 are supposed to work with gimp-2.1 (and gimp-2.2).

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-08-14 02:30:06 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 01:48:48AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

gimp-1.0, gimp-1.2 and gimp-2.0 and now even gimp-2.1 are all very very different beasts from each other.

gimp-2.1 is backward compatible with gimp-2.0 and all plug-ins compiled for gimp-2.0 are supposed to work with gimp-2.1 (and gimp-2.2).

sorry, i was corrected on this earlier.

the big changes have been with the GimpToolKit.

sorry to blame the wrong api. please accept my apology.

carol

David Hodson
2004-08-14 03:36:24 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

Gail wrote:

This file linked above was the same as the original I grabbed off of the Plug-in Registry.

Not quite the same ...
You did notice that I fixed it to compile for 2.0, didn't you?

By the way - did you try to contact the original authors? If not, would you like to do it now, and let them know about my changes?

Gail
2004-08-14 05:12:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Friday 13 August 2004 06:36 pm, David Hodson wrote:

Gail wrote:

Not quite the same ...

By the way - did you try to contact the original authors? If not, would you like to do it now, and let them know about my changes?

Good Evening,

I used gimptool-2.0 and got a lot of error messages when I tried to install, same as when I tried the first file. Would it help you if I post the errors here?

Peace,
Gail

Sven Neumann
2004-08-14 11:25:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

Hi,

Gail writes:

I used gimptool-2.0 and got a lot of error messages when I tried to install, same as when I tried the first file. Would it help you if I post the errors here?

Well, we won't be able to help you unless you do just that.

Sven

David Hodson
2004-08-14 12:52:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

Gail wrote:

That would help, but:

gimptool --install Multitile.c

builds on my system with only two minor warnings, so if there are lots of errors it's probably something to do with your setup. Can you compile other plugins OK?

Gail
2004-08-15 00:11:12 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Saturday 14 August 2004 03:52 am, you wrote:

Gail wrote:

That would help, but:

gimptool --install Multitile.c

builds on my system with only two minor warnings, so if there are lots of errors it's probably something to do with your setup. Can you compile other plugins OK?

I haven't tried other plug-ins yet. A note here though using the command gimptool --install Multitile.c returns this error: dryad:/home/gail/Programs/gimp plugins/Multitile# gimptool --install Multitile.c
bash: gimptool: command not found
dryad:/home/gail/Programs/gimp plugins/Multitile#

And when I use the command gimptool-2.0 --install Multitile.c I get a heck of a lot of stuff like this:
Multitile.c:1551: error: invalid operands to binary * Multitile.c:1554: warning: comparison between pointer and integer Multitile.c:1569: warning: implicit declaration of function `g_free' Multitile.c:1515: warning: unused variable `src_rgn' Multitile.c: At top level:
etc
etc
etc

There was an earlier email to the list that stated that Debian uses a library package called libgimp2.0-dev but I can't find it anywhere, not even on the Debian web site. It may be that I need to install some developer files to compile this plugin but I don't know which package. apt-get gives me the following developer library packages associated with Gimp, is it one of these?

libgimp1.2-dev
libglib2.0-dev
libgtk1.2-dev

Thanks for all the help!

Peace, Gail

Gail
2004-08-15 00:12:45 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

On Friday 13 August 2004 06:36 pm, you wrote:

Gail wrote:

Not quite the same ...

Alas, there was no current email address or contact information for the original authors that I could find.

Sven Neumann
2004-08-15 02:05:35 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Plugin Question

Hi,

Gail writes:

There was an earlier email to the list that stated that Debian uses a library package called libgimp2.0-dev but I can't find it anywhere, not even on the Debian web site.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libdevel/libgimp2.0-dev

Sven