RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Lost pressure in 2.7

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Lost pressure in 2.7 d_rylander 18 Dec 12:23
  Lost pressure in 2.7 Ofnuts 18 Dec 16:19
   Lost pressure in 2.7 d_rylander 12 Jan 10:02
    Lost pressure in 2.7 Patrick Horgan 13 Jan 01:51
d_rylander
2010-12-18 12:23:04 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Lost pressure in 2.7

I recently upgraded to Gimp 2.7 from 2.6.x and I now find that I don't have pressure sensitivity in it anymore. There's no "Pressure Sensitivity" dropdown menu in the tools. I think it is enabled in Input Devices, however my setup screen doesnt look like any of the examples I find on the net where you got a dropdown-list where you can select "stylus". Mine is just all devices in a long table to the left. All pen related stuff is set to "screen" and I've tried to individually enable them one by one. Nothing is working.

I do have pen pressure in other apps like Xournal and Anime Studio. However I can't get it to work in Inkscape either.

I did upgrade my system from Ubuntu 9.04 to 10.04 some month or two ago and I can't recall that I've used any pressure sensitive since that so it is possible that it didn't work in Gimp 2.6 either after that upgrade.

Ubuntu 10.04, 64-bit on a FujitsuSiemens T5010 tablet pc.

Ofnuts
2010-12-18 16:19:24 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Lost pressure in 2.7

On 12/18/2010 01:23 PM, d_rylander wrote:

I recently upgraded to Gimp 2.7 from 2.6.x and I now find that I don't have pressure sensitivity in it anymore. There's no "Pressure Sensitivity" dropdown menu in the tools. I think it is enabled in Input Devices, however my setup screen doesnt look like any of the examples I find on the net where you got a dropdown-list where you can select "stylus". Mine is just all devices in a long table to the left. All pen related stuff is set to "screen" and I've tried to individually enable them one by one. Nothing is working.

I do have pen pressure in other apps like Xournal and Anime Studio. However I can't get it to work in Inkscape either.

I did upgrade my system from Ubuntu 9.04 to 10.04 some month or two ago and I can't recall that I've used any pressure sensitive since that so it is possible that it didn't work in Gimp 2.6 either after that upgrade.

Ubuntu 10.04, 64-bit on a FujitsuSiemens T5010 tablet pc.

Still works with a Bamboo tablet on my just updated/rebuilt 2.7.2...

2011-01-12 10:02:20 UTC (over 13 years ago)
postings

Lost pressure in 2.7

I recently upgraded to Gimp 2.7 from 2.6.x and I now find that I don't have pressure sensitivity in it anymore.

I downgraded to 2.6.8 and now I got pressure sensitivity again.

Patrick Horgan
2011-01-13 01:51:12 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Lost pressure in 2.7

On 01/12/2011 02:02 AM, d_rylander wrote:

I recently upgraded to Gimp 2.7 from 2.6.x and I now find that I don't have pressure sensitivity in it anymore.

I downgraded to 2.6.8 and now I got pressure sensitivity again.

Did you check in the extended input device configuration that the Bamboo stylus is set to screen or window? I seem to remember that I lost pressure sensitivity and it was set to disabled and that caused it to be treated like a mouse with no sensitivity. Setting it back to Screen (which I like), fixed the problem.

Patrick