RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Why are my filters disabled

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Why are my filters disabled bill purvis 20 Nov 14:23
  Why are my filters disabled peter kostov 20 Nov 15:31
   Why are my filters disabled bill purvis 20 Nov 15:49
Why are my filters disabled Rob Antonishen 20 Nov 15:30
bill purvis
2010-11-20 14:23:38 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Hi,
I've been using Gimp for a good while, but today I tried to edit a TIFF image of an old document with lots of speckles on it. No problem - use the despeckle tool! However, when I try to invoke it, all the enhance filters are greyed out. I then tried a similar file, this time a jpeg and the filters are all enabled. I then thought maybe it doesn't like to image type so I saved it as a PNG file, killed Gimp and restarted. The filters are still disabled.

Can someone suggest why the filters are disabled for this image, and how I can fix it?

Many thanks

Bill

Rob Antonishen
2010-11-20 15:30:29 UTC (over 13 years ago)

It is probably a greyscale tiff. Many filters only work on RGB. Try image>mode>RGB then you should be able to use the filters.

-Rob A>

peter kostov
2010-11-20 15:31:40 UTC (over 13 years ago)

On 11/20/2010 04:23 PM, bill purvis wrote:

Hi,
I've been using Gimp for a good while, but today I tried to edit a TIFF image of an old document with lots of speckles on it. No problem - use the despeckle tool! However, when I try to invoke it, all the enhance filters are greyed out. I then tried a similar file, this time a jpeg and the filters are all enabled. I then thought maybe it doesn't like to image type so I saved it as a PNG file, killed Gimp and restarted. The filters are still disabled.

Can someone suggest why the filters are disabled for this image, and how I can fix it?

Many thanks

Bill

The image should be in RGB mode for these tools to work. Check Image -> mode.

Peter

bill purvis
2010-11-20 15:49:33 UTC (over 13 years ago)

On Saturday 20 November 2010, peter kostov wrote:

On 11/20/2010 04:23 PM, bill purvis wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks

Bill

The image should be in RGB mode for these tools to work. Check Image -> mode.

Peter
_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Thanks, Peter.
I learn something new every day!

Bill